Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liquid Foundation

• 07-12-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭

Any recommend the best way to apply MAC Liquid Foundation.

I'm currently using a brush but just don't feel like I'm getting the proper coverage!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

fingers...their brush is cr@p imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

With some foundations it can often be better to apply with your fingers as your body heat melts foundation making it easier to apply and have better coverage.
    Which foundation is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

It's the MAC SPF15 Foundation, it's kinda runny so dunno about using my fingers.

Just not getting the cover I like, so may have to return to the Studio Tech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Never used the MAC foundation but I always use a brush to apply an Estee Lauder one and find it great, I'd never go back to fingers again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'm not sure if 'the experts' recommend using a sponge but I use one for applying Clinique liquid foundation and find it gives a pretty even coverage. It can be a bit consuming of foundation, but if you just put on small amounts at a time and do one section of your face, it's not so bad. I like the premium sponges in Boots; they're tear-drop shaped and about €3ish iirc. The Ruby and Millie ones are good too; also available in Boots. The cheaper wedge ones are rubbish; get a decent one - it'll last ages if you rinse it out regularly enough and leave to air dry. Just my tuppence worth! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭belinda502

Definitely fingers are best. With the brush most of the foundation just stays on the brush and you end up with swipe marks from the brush on your face. Just squirt it into your palm and use your fourth finger and apply as needed. You'll find it's much easier to adjust it the amount you put on than if you use a brush. Don't put dots of it all over your face starting out as you may find you have put on too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I used to always use my fingers to apply my makeup, however I started using a brush (after seeing my friend) a few weeks back and I find it great!! No more makeup fingers for me!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Well i use the MAC brush and i use Bobbi Brown foundation and it goes on grand,you get swipe marks but blend them in..tbh if you need to slather it on with your hands are you not putting a bit too much on?

Advertisement