Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing tail light on fiat punto

Options
  • 07-12-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey lads how is the rear tail light on a punto changed?

The girlfriends car had one go a few weeks ago and never got it changed and now the other one went this morning and i dont want here driving home from work with no rear lights so im heading over to her work to sort it.

Got the bulbs of course but i know i have to take the casing off, is this easy enough to do?

Any advice would be great as i have to go over and do it very soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Pretty easy. Had to do it a few times to the wife's old car - they seem to keep going. On the inside wall, just above the back of the seats there's a 'patch' of oval plastic. Slot it off with a screwdriver. Now undo the bolt inside - you'll probably need the special wrench yoke which is hopefully in the boot somewhere. There's another similar bolt in the boot. It's hidden behind something or other - might be a bit of upholstery, can't really remember. This one is easier to get off. Pull the whole light unit from the back of the car, undo the screws holding on the rear plate and change the bulb. Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

legend cheers, was hoping it was easy enough.

Just didnt wanna get out there and couldnt do it. Then would be left with a car with no lights in the dark winter nights, not good.

Cheers

Advertisement