Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS lite in Cork

Options
  • 07-12-2007 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

C'mere is there any chance of me getting a Nintendo DS Lite console in Cork City before Christmas or have I left it wayyyyyy too late?
    Everywhere appearrs to be sold out. Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Just a word of warning.

Those attempting to profiteer from the Christmas shortage, by selling consoles at inflated prices will, at the least, escape with a forum ban.

Hope you get sorted, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you tried Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

Smyths Toys on Maylor Street got a delivery of them on Thursday afternoon. I'd say they're probably gone by now, but you could give it a try. Gamestop in Merchant's Quay Shopping Centre had them on Thursday too. They're gone now but you could ask if they're getting more in. Game and HMV aren't getting any more, and Virgin might be but they didn't say when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

I have one!

But you're not getting it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

C'mere is there any chance of me getting a Nintendo DS Lite console in Cork City before Christmas or have I left it wayyyyyy too late?
    Everywhere appearrs to be sold out. Any tips?

Surely you mean a Nintendo Wii?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Gamestop have stores in Merchant’s Quay, Mallow, Midleton, Ballincollig, Blackpool and Douglas so might be worth trying more than one, if one store doesn't have them in stock. Contact info on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

try online,argos,amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Thanks everyone. All of the above seem to be sold out at the moment.
    Dont seem to be getting any more in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 willoco

just seen if anyone knows if their are more ds lights for sale this week in the waterford kilkenny aera

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

oh. i have JUST this evening been asked to pick one up in dublin where i imagine there would be even less chance of getting them.... are they THAT hard to come by?
    fllllip it anyway!
    if u have any luck let me know!

• Advertisement

You'll be lucky, they are in very short supply by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keviiiii

I have promised my little boy a ds lite for christmas in cork but they all seem sold out. I hear game and gamestop may be getting more deliveries but i would be grateful for any help as anytime i ring them all they is "yeah we are getting a delivery but i dont know when? so please help thanks!!

yeah i tried in dublin......... not exceptionally hard as i dont really want it for me.... but the LOOKS i got said it all....... *get thee out yon yokel and wash the stench of cowdung from yon boots and dont come back lookin for that which u are foolish to look for....... people were literally quein up to ask staff if they had them in stock....

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Got one in Tralee last weekend.

just wondering if anyone can tell me when gamestop in blackpool are getting another delivery. they said they wud be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

You could hop on a flight to germany, they're literally sitting on shelves over here with nobody touching them. only 139 too.
    http://www.mediamarkt.de/multimedia-prospekt/
    not sure if you can order online and they prob wouldnt be there in time for christmas even if you did. click on "Nächste Seite" to have a look through.
    Also last year when there was a mad rush for wiis i was up in game stop in sligo where they were sitting on the shelves too, so i'd try any friends who live in remote parts(no offence to people in sligo!)

nice suggestion if ur heading to germany before xmas but really.... would anyone go there just for a ds lite?
    i wouldnt even go there for beer... or anythin really....

Isn't it a good suggestion if you have a relative or friend over there?

One never knows...

good point.... dont know any one there though....

are there any more stores in cork gettin a delivery of ds lites before christmas. Help would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement

are symths,argos or gamestop gettin anymore deliveries in cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Smyths are supposed to get one during the week, not sure what day, but they said to a friend of mine that people have been queuing since the wee hours of the morning to try and get their hands on one. My B/F got me on in Killarney 2 weeks ago, some of the smaller shops seem to have a few in stock down there, maybe worth a try.

am i too late now or will there be more deliveries of ds lite anywhere? possibly gamestop or argos maybe please helpppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Heard smyths got a delivery this evening, but dont know if its fact or fiction, good luck!

Xtravision in Midleton had them today, I hear.

damnit i was IN midleton today.... i know its not for me but its for a very good friends kid.... and she wouldnt have a clue of how to find it in obscure places....
    NOT that midleton is obscure....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Argos in town had some in stock today. well said so on there stock checker. But there online site says limited availability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tentpole

castie wrote: »
    Argos in town had some in stock today. well said so on there stock checker. But there online site says limited availability.

that rarely happens with them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why dont you try play.com?there probbly more expensive but they have them in stock.Just a sugguestion anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Why dont you try play.com?there probbly more expensive but they have them in stock.Just a sugguestion anyway.

I'd wager they've probably managed to pick one up in the last two years.;)

Advertisement