Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to start again on Burning Legion server?

Options
  • 07-12-2007 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hallo gang!

Ok, I've been away from WoW for months now, having abandoned my shadow priest in a fit of rage a few months ago. Long story. :P
    I was thinking of starting again over the Christmas on Burning Legion. Anyone out there recommend it? Or better yet, is there anyone else who also feels like starting again with me? I've never actually made any long lasting friends on WoW. It would be nice to get a fresh start with some like-minded people! Let me know what you think! :3

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm probably going to be starting again at the end of this week, although i'm not sure if i'll stay on my old servers (Bladefist and Executus), or if i'll start fresh. Plus, i dont know how long i'll last again before getting bored of the game again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id be tempted if we got a few boardies to form a guild.

We done so before on Jaeednar realm but i dont think it lasted very long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i might do this, im getting seriously pissed off with the heavy rp faggots on moonglade !

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've a level 23 Tauren druid there right now that I keep meaning to get back to, so count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I'm in for starting a guild. I have a 16 mage alliance on Burning Legion already. So you guys have to go alliance. For emphasis: Alliance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

23 Druid > 16 Mage, so it's Horde. HORDE :)

Ive far too many Horde chars,i vote alliance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

Sounds interesting.. ya the one on jaedenar was funny

Il vote alliance as above got loads of horde characters

Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

It's a breeze to 60 now since the new patch, once you hit 20 you're practically flying!

It's even easier to get epics/badges these days, the games so retard friendly now it's not even funny, I pvp alot as I'm bored of the pve side of things as of late november my guild downed illidan and theres not much to do till the expansion bar pvp, I've always been a keen pvper on my mage but since the last patch things are a joke, You've got 600 afkers in av trying to leach honour to get a couple of glad sets, you've got people running around in EOTS like headless chickens now zerging a flag when they only have one base :(, Pvp has serverly suffered since the new patch :(. Arena decent but its hard to come across teams with over 2k rating, and you seem to end up farming alot of team with 1900 +

Getting bored now, new character on alliance with some irish might just do it for me :D

Burning Legion is a pvp realm right?
    Man im tired of pvp realms :(

• Advertisement

Yea it's a pvp realm, also a high pop realm, I'd rather a medium pop realm tbh..

Quite frankly I don't mind a pvp realm, you don't have many NEW people these days and the vets are normally re rolling and just wanting to level asap. The only bad point is gankvale 30-40 and even then its not that bad :(

I'd much prefer a pvp realm tbh :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ya, i'd vote for a pvp realm as well. Will be back playing in about a weeks time, so i'll join up if theres a guild (or loose group of people) playing. And i dont mind if its Horde or Alliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Id be up for this. HORDE HORDE HORDE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

alliance all the way \o/

Whilst I love the idea of this I don’t think it will really take off (see jaedeanar? (sp)) It’s a simple fact, like me most people have already over the years built up a stable online friends community on their given server and while initially levelling another character is fun you just get bored of the grind to 70. (Even if it has been made significantly easier) With that said I’m all up for it, I just think that inevitably people will revert back to their well geared mains in a couple of weeks as come 70 (if people maintain it that long) the monotonous daily tasks of farming rep/honour to gear up again will become a chore 

That said, Horde/Alliance doesn’t bother me, although horde is easier imo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

How about leveling a bunch of new toons to 29 and then having some fun in AB? That way we can probably get a load of people together. See where it goes from there.

I must agree with Snuzz here tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

leveling all the way back up again, i dont know, plus i already have all the high lvl characters i could want, A 70 Druid(balance) 70 Warlock and 70 Mage. Any more would just be spreading myself way too thin. Its hard enough for some to get to high level content with just one character.

What about migration, i only have alliance characters though, i have some chars on the horde side but never leveled since i cant share items and gold with them. it'd be like starting over from scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    How about leveling a bunch of new toons to 29 and then having some fun in AB? That way we can probably get a load of people together. See where it goes from there.

Think this is probably the best idea, not realistic to expect people to start with and stick with a new toon. We could set up a night or two a week to get some pre mades going so people will be online at same time and not have the same problems that were had with the last boards guild attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I already got a 70 Mage 68 Warr on BL Horde.

Be happy to lend a hand when needed!

• Advertisement

How about leveling a bunch of new toons to 29 and then having some fun in AB

Not for me im afraid,imo wow pvp sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

sunzz wrote: »
    Whilst I love the idea of this I don’t think it will really take off (see jaedeanar? (sp)) It’s a simple fact, like me most people have already over the years built up a stable online friends community on their given server and while initially levelling another character is fun you just get bored of the grind to 70. (Even if it has been made significantly easier) With that said I’m all up for it, I just think that inevitably people will revert back to their well geared mains in a couple of weeks as come 70 (if people maintain it that long) the monotonous daily tasks of farming rep/honour to gear up again will become a chore 
    I think this is true coupled with the fact that I suspect that a lot of the people suggesting this a probably pretty casual players and wouldn't even be on that often. basically its been done before and failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Hey,

Me and some irish guys (including Fenix) rolled BL horde ages ago - we have some good contacts, most of us in high end raiding guilds with our alts in a levelling guild as well.

BL has a high PVE progress, relatively low pings and from what i've seen, a generally friendly population.

On BL horde there is me: (70 rogue, 70 shaman, host of alts), Fenix, Phatbat (70 priest, 70 druid, 70 mage) & Sreklof (70 mage, 60hunter), there are also a host of our other mates running around that wouldn't be as active.

Sure let me know what you decide.

Dan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

I'd be up for a Horde char on the Burning Legion. Kazzak is my primary server where I ahev a load of alliance characters so Horde would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

Look come to Outland and start up a horde character, whisper me, Faylum in game and you can join my ganking fun guild. If not come to Outland and join Alliance and i'll gank the crap out of you untill your 70 then you can form a guild and get your own back on meh?! Either way would be great to see some sound Irish people on Outland, only got nolifers like dustaz on the server atm :(((((((((

Advertisement