Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Incubus - To See Or Not To See?

• 07-12-2007 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,893 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so basically I'm considering going to see a festival headlined by Incubus (along with the Offspring) in March. They play the Soundwave festival here in Perth on March 3rd, two days after my birthday so thinkin of requesting a ticket.

I've always been an interested rather than fanatical fan. Liked them at first listen, have 'acquired' their back catalogue, and 'Are You In?' is one of my favourite chill out songs.

So I'm just wondering has anyone seen them live and would it be worth getting a ticket to?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If they were to play 'Morning View' and only morning view then i would. It's one of my favourite albums. But i've never been able to get into any of their other stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So I'm just wondering has anyone seen them live and would it be worth getting a ticket to?

No, can't say I have, but you could look up a few live videos on youtube, and decide for yourself if they're worth seeing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Saw them live in Dublin a couple of years back. Good set, pity the sound was ****e in that venue. No prizes for guessing.

They tend to experiment a good bit with their stuff as opposed to just hacking out the songs exactly as on the albums.

If you like the Offspring, it may be worth it to get to see them too (provided they play a lot of their old stuff).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,893 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No, can't say I have, but you could look up a few live videos on youtube, and decide for yourself if they're worth seeing?

True enough, though I find it hard to gauge the atmosphere of a gig form the hazy vids on youtube. Also most of the comments left aren't exactly inciteful.

Also boards posters generally know what they're on about so I like to take their opinions on board too.
    seamus wrote: »
    Saw them live in Dublin a couple of years back. Good set, pity the sound was ****e in that venue. No prizes for guessing.

They tend to experiment a good bit with their stuff as opposed to just hacking out the songs exactly as on the albums.

If you like the Offspring, it may be worth it to get to see them too (provided they play a lot of their old stuff).

Yeah I saw the Offspring in Dublin in 04 and thought it was a good gig. The pair of them playing is the real seller, just wanted some info on live Incubus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sorry, twas Incubus I saw a couple of years back, not the Offspring. :)

Saw the Offspring way back, '98 I think. And even then they'd been going for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I say GO... I love incubus seen them twice now, and they are class live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

First of all, I haven't seen them live.
    Go to it dude, ya have nothin' to lose. If it's a crap gig so be it.
    As you have said
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    I've always been an interested rather than fanatical fan.

There are a few bands out there that I am inclined the same way, and I know if they played a gig anywhere near I live I'd jump at it.
    Last thing would be to regret it later that you didn't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

seamus wrote: »

Not a great fan of the new stuff but they do put on a good live show, I'd say go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Saw em last October in The National Stadium, Dublin.
    Only liked a few songs form their last album they put on a great show.
    Well worth going to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

See. Really good live band, always put on a good show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SanDiagan

Definatley go, they played in Dublin last month or so, in National Stadium, couldn't make it, but mate of mine went and said they were amazing, Offspring as well, sounds like a good gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i saw em in the stadium i didnt even like them that much, but i left a fan, they where brilliant (i love when people drop out of going to gigs with my mates and then i get to go for free:D)

Advertisement