Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken Samsung U600

• 07-12-2007 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hey

I got my U600 on upgrade in August. I take great care of my phones and never let them get scartched or drop them .... until yesterday.

I had it on my lap in the car and when i step out it fell onto the ground... the screen is now flickering and the top righ corner is completely black.

This was its first ever drop and not even from such a great height ... I think a fone should be able to withstand at least 1 drop and i think this was very flimsily made. My mate who is a carpetner has one - he is constantly dropping it and standing on it and its in bits on the outside but still functions perfectly.

I rang customer support they told me to go into shop but id have to pay as its my fault as i dropped it.

I beleieve the fone was not of merchantable quality for sale under the The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980

My question, have i got any ground to get it repaired or replaced by meteor ??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Hi C Breeze, I work with a mobile retailer (not meteor) and in my experience you wouldn't have any grounds for a replacement. The warranty on phones very clearly states that damage caused by the user is not covered so I would say not and if the top of the screen has gone blank you've probably damaged the display inside.

Do you have insurance on the phone? If you don't have it you might be able to claim through house insurance (not sure what it would do to your premium though).

I know its upsetting as its happened to me before but the best you could hopefor is to get a cheap repair done by someone other than the official guys who'll probably charge a least €15 for even looking at the handset, never mind work and parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Ok thanks for your reply. I will go to the store after work and see what they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I know of one or two repairers who might be able to do a job on it for you. Drop me a line if you've no success with meteor but i rather doubt that they'll entertain your claims.

Advertisement