Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Who blew up Mallow Bridge?"

Options
  • 07-12-2007 5:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I was reading an excellent book called "Stone Mad" last week and there was a bit in it where someone asked the question "Who blew up Mallow Bridge?", which caused somewhat of a furore. This seems to have happened sometime around the civil war, but what's the context?

Highly recommend the book if you're into Cork btw. Also note this thread in the City forum, where I'm looking for bloggers for a multi-user blog called Corcaigh.org, launching in the new year. If you're interested please put you name down there.

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Is that the Séamus Murphy book? Saw the play in the Everyman and it was dire. I'm sure the book is much better. No idea what the story is with Mallow Bridge... shame they didn't take out the rest of the town along with it though. Crossroads of Munster? More like the armpit.

token smiley to appease any angry Mallafornians -> :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭arac

yeah I think it was during the civil war all right..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yeah, it's the Seamus Murphy book, very good if you're into history and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Illkillya wrote: »
    Is that the Séamus Murphy book? Saw the play in the Everyman and it was dire. I'm sure the book is much better. No idea what the story is with Mallow Bridge... shame they didn't take out the rest of the town along with it though. Crossroads of Munster? More like the armpit.

token smiley to appease any angry Mallafornians -> :)

idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Careful now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement