Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[REQ] Sony Ericsson W580i

• 07-12-2007 5:12pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Posted this in Bargain Alerts to see if they can get me a good location, but I said id ask here (if the mods dont have any objection) also to see if someone can help me out.

Looking to get a hold of the Sony Ericsson W580i, which is sold out in Waterford and from o2.ie. Want to get it on the o2 Network.

Any suggestions on what shops online to get it from?

Also, I take it the phone is pretty good if its sold out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

you can get hem in the carphonewarehouse sim free for €329.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Try komplett.ie or expansys.ie

Both had them in stock last time I checked.

Both cheaper than CPW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Are you buying prepay or contract (billpay)?

Prepay ones can't be got, the Irish networks don't seem to have ordered enough and as a consequence are reserving them for their billpay customers,as firstly if a billpay customer moves to get a phone its financially worse for the network and the second reason is kind of the same as the first - to persuade customers to move from prepay to contract as it gives networks guaranteed revenue.

But its kind of silly, it looks like the buying departments in both networks both screwed up, either that or sonyericsson did.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Carphone Warehouse in Waterford were sold out. Sim Free is to expensive (I thought they were supposed to be cheaper then everyone anyway?!). Komplett dont have it and expansys is a tad bit expensive also.

Tis pre-pay phone. Looks like we have to wait until the New Year. Its only O2 and Meteor that are selling it, and O2 did a nice online promotion recently with the phone so thats probably what happened there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

CPW are cheaper than everywhere else (or as cheap) Fault isn't with the Networks either, Its sony's, Basically the demand for these phones wasn't what they expected it to be... All networks who are supplying the w580i will definatly have them for January in all colours, the phones are 329 sim free in CPW and are available in white or grey but are primarily reserved for Post-pay (bill) which is the cheapest way of making recieving calls/texts....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

CPW are cheaper than everywhere else (or as cheap) Fault isn't with the Networks either, Its sony's, Basically the demand for these phones wasn't what they expected it to be... All networks who are supplying the w580i will definatly have them for January in all colours, the phones are 329 sim free in CPW and are available in white or grey but are primarily reserved for Post-pay (bill) which is the cheapest way of making recieving calls/texts....

Fair enough, I'm guessing you know more than me, i'm just a shop floor pleb, although I've gotten cynical about the network buying and testing teams! As son of jimi says cpw are bang on in terms of sim free price - they're a tenner more expensive than expansys when you take delivery into account.

Sim free handsets are expensive because the networks do not subsidise them - basically the cost price of a handset is quite high but the phone network subsidises it so that you join them and spend your money on calls etc. This approach when a customer is hooked up with the right plan can lead to substantial savings but regardless of what comreg says we still get a pretty raw deal in terms of handsets available, the prices we pay for them and prices we pay for calls.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

CPW is more expensive then online stores, not sure about in store. How early in January? Also, bill phone works out more expensive for me on o2. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭xXxnaoisexXx

Meteor have it for 199euro =/
    otherwise sim free from car phone warehouse

€189 in the O2 Store in waterford, but €179 with a free webcam on O2.ie.

Got the one in the shop, cause it wouldnt take long then. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement