Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Test Centers

Options
  • 07-12-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Guys;

I am trying to reg for a MS Exam using http://www.prometric.com but it does not provide a lot of centers, only new Horsion in Dublin!!! and the dates is not ok with me, only one date in Dec 24

I tried http://www.vue.com but it is almost the same issue

Any advice?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Very few places in Dublin where you can take the exams.

I find a lot of the time if you check back regularly you can get some one else's canceled place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

You can only book MS Exams through Prometric. You can always give the exam centre a ring and ask for them if its possible to put you on standby if you arent pushed about the time or date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

AFAIK from January onwards, you will only be able to do Microsoft exams in Prometric test centres. You'll find that lots of places are only doing private exams for their students (i.e. they are an authorised test centre, but they are only allowing their students to do exams). The reason that they do not want to become "public" test centres is that there is no money to be made in it. You could of course ask them though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Like 3 weeks ago there was a new place where you could take MS exams on the Prometric website, it is a well known training company in Dublin, can't remember the name ARF...
    Then the name disappeared...
    This sh*** is really getting messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

As someone mentioned already you'll only be able to use prometric centers from januaury onwards. In Galway there aren't any. I believe the nearest one is Athlone however I know a few centers here (PFH for one) are going to be going down the Prometric route as well as VUE since they give the MS courses and need to be able provide the exams.
    As someone else mentioned a lot of these places now do not advertise much on the prometric/vue sites, they usually only provide the exams for people who do courses in their buildings.
    When I was in Dublin there the amount of VUE public centers was decreasing at an alarming rate. Doubt there are too many left now and obviously the situation aint great with Prometric now either. I believe there may be a public Prometric center in Athlone.
    Kippy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

AFAIK from January onwards, you will only be able to do Microsoft exams in Prometric test centres. You'll find that lots of places are only doing private exams for their students (i.e. they are an authorised test centre, but they are only allowing their students to do exams). The reason that they do not want to become "public" test centres is that there is no money to be made in it. You could of course ask them though ;)

While you can still do MS exams at Vue, you needed to have booked them by the end of August this year. Only place you can book online is Prometric. MS decided to go with one provider there in June IRC. Plenty of uproar about it. Personally I preferred Vue as there was more, their software was less buggy and they seemed to have their act together on getting your results to the MS Site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

mick.fr wrote: »
    Like 3 weeks ago there was a new place where you could take MS exams on the Prometric website, it is a well known training company in Dublin, can't remember the name ARF...
    Then the name disappeared...
    This sh*** is really getting messy.

It was Moresoft IT on Lesson Street.

Yeah it is a really sad state of affairs when a city with a population of 1.6m and a huge IT presence only has one (well Prometric anyway) public exam centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Yes it was Moresoft, but their problem was that Prometric registered them as a public centre when they only wanted to be a private testing centre for their own students. This resulted in all available dates being booked out which in turn stopped their own students from being able to sit exams. I believe that this has been fixed now but they will remain a private centre only.

Chioce of exam centres really sucks. I guess that it will only improve if we agree to pay more to sit the exam and cover their costs. They're expensive enough as it is if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

They don't get any form of pay for letting people use their facilities hence why so few allow external students to sit exams. Its is unfortunate, perhaps they should force each non public testing center to allocate a certain number of hours per week to the public. If they were all forced to open for even 6 hours a week, it would really improve the situation

Advertisement