Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hunter Pet

Options
  • 07-12-2007 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Just asking this question to people who might know whats the best Hunter pet in the game. What im looking for is a pet that does Most DPS. It does not need much else just does loads of DPS.

At the moment i have a Cat that i picked up in Netherstorm.

Im BM and my pet does 160dps at the moment.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I find the Lynx in Blades edge quite nice as are the raptors there for dps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

scorpid for pvp, pve no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

I got a friend telling me to get Humar the Pridelord atm.
    He reckons it's got the best DPS of any cat.
    but then again it's low lvl so you'd have to bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

only plus point of Humar is that he's white and very hard to get as alliance(horde quest to summon him) .. he's exactly the same as every other cat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Cats and Raptors are best for groups/raids (DPS)
    Boars are best for soloing (Armour/Aggro)

All pets of the same species have the same stats, so pick whichever one is easiest to get, or looks nicest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

DRakE wrote: »
    only plus point of Humar is that he's white and very hard to get as alliance(horde quest to summon him) .. he's exactly the same as every other cat

your getting your cats mixed up the white cat is echayakee, easily tameable horde side as theres a quest to do it

Humar on the other hand is an elite cat in the barrens under a tree near ratchet, he mightnt be elite anymore since patch, but hes very hard to catch as hes on a 72 hour timer before he respawns, i have him on my hunter and his DPS is very very good

Wanty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

ah snap i was thinking of echayakee you're right..

i thought all hunter pets attack speeds were normalised? i have broken tooth on my hunter.. used to have a mega fast atk spd but now its just 2.0 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

shinzon wrote: »
    your getting your cats mixed up the white cat is echayakee, easily tameable horde side as theres a quest to do it

Humar on the other hand is an elite cat in the barrens under a tree near ratchet, he mightnt be elite anymore since patch, but hes very hard to catch as hes on a 72 hour timer before he respawns, i have him on my hunter and his DPS is very very good

Wanty

His DPS is identical to every other CAT pet.

They are all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I do have a cat and like a poster above said all ready all cats do same DPS. Have to agree with this as i have had a cat since level 22 and got a new cat at lvl 69. Both cats do the same damage at lvl 70.

There used to be a cat which does faster attack speed then other cats. But i think this cat has been removed by Blizzard. Prob did the same amount of damage then your typical cat but with the faster attack speed, it would slow down casters.

But a scorpid i might try out, just wondering were will i find ones of these with a high lvl. Don't want to spend to much time leveling this pet up. Also im guessing with its poision it might slow down people in pvp which would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

What you need is a felguard... 160dps at lvl 51 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I guess i must turn my hunter into a lock first!

Oh my pet does 161dps but lvl 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

BadCharlie wrote: »
    I do have a cat and like a poster above said all ready all cats do same DPS. Have to agree with this as i have had a cat since level 22 and got a new cat at lvl 69. Both cats do the same damage at lvl 70.

There used to be a cat which does faster attack speed then other cats. But i think this cat has been removed by Blizzard. Prob did the same amount of damage then your typical cat but with the faster attack speed, it would slow down casters.

lol. cats. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Anti wrote: »
    What you need is a felguard... 160dps at lvl 51 :)

good man anti! lolguard ftw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Cats, raptors and ravagers are the best for DPS and obviously make sure you got the highest ranks of bite/claw/gore etc.

Loads of info about pets here:
    http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/html/articles/stats_families.shtml#stats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i jus started an alt hunter, hes at lvl 15. i was using a bear since 11 that i picked up near undercity, one of the ferocious bears. no one has mentioned bears, are they useless? think ill pick myself up a raptor in barrens this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i jus started an alt hunter, hes at lvl 15. i was using a bear since 11 that i picked up near undercity, one of the ferocious bears. no one has mentioned bears, are they useless? think ill pick myself up a raptor in barrens this evening.

Bears have lots of stamina and are great for keeping aggro.

Good as a tank basically, but not as much DPS as cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh he keeps aggro well, and his dps hasnt been a problem yet. his stamina is decent aswell. im gonna farm wc from 16 onwards in pugs so i might just hang onto the bear, let him off tank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Get a Boar asap. They are better tanks and get Charge long before other pets get Dash. Bears get neither. Charge+Growl on autocast makes for really savage aggro generation.

Advertisement