Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Large Families to Benefit from VRT Reform

Options
  • 07-12-2007 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

After all the whinging and moaning people with 3 or more kids did on Matt Cooper last wek about the price of MPVs going up following the budget...it now seems they are to be beneficiaries if they choose the right vehicles.
    • Ford Galaxy 1.8 Duratorq 166 g/km
      Current VRT 25%, Current Motor Tax from Feb = €560.
      New VRT 24%, New Motor Tax Rate from July = €430.
      NET FALL IN COST
    • The Citroën C8 2.0 HDI Automatic @ 210g/km however suffers from an increase in VRT
      Current VRT 30%, Current Tax from Feb = €754
      New VRT 32%, New Motor Tax Rate from July = €1000
      NET INCREASE IN COST
    • It's news to me, but when I went to check I discovered that Huyndai have withdrawn the Trajet.
    • The Fiat website is no longer listing the Ulysees
    • Toyota are no longer listing the Avensis Verso or the outdated Previa
    • Renault's Espace is a winner or loser depending on the engine the 2.2 is significantly dirtier than the 2.0 and falls into the Highest Band for Motor Tax and VRT from next July.
      The 2.0 150dci is 183g/km so
      Current VRT 30%, Current Motor Tax as of Feb = €754
      New VRT = 28%, New Motor Tax Rate from July = €600
      NET FALL IN COST
    • Mitsubishi Grandis 2.0 D-I 176.2g/km (apparently)
      Current VRT = 30%, Motor Tax From Feb = €754
      New VRT = 28%, Motor Tax from July = €600
      NET FALL IN COST
    • The 140bhp VW Sharan 2.0 TDI 175g/km will make the 225g/km 1.8 petrol extinct overnight from July 1st
      NET FALL IN COST

So there is a full sized MPV or a few out there for the whingers and moaners who had the money to be considering the purchase of one of these vehicles new IN THE FIRST PLACE. Now they have extra pennies in their motorists fund and they can be environmentally friendly too!! will they be thanking Minister Cowen...not a chance:rolleyes:

It's amazing how interesting these things become, along with domestic cleaning and hard drive backup when there's study to be avoided!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ninty9er wrote: »
    After all the whinging and moaning people with 3 or more kids did on Matt Cooper last wek about the price of MPVs going up following the budget...it now seems they are to be beneficiaries if they choose the right vehicles.
    • Ford Galaxy 1.8 Duratorq 166 g/km
      Current VRT 25%, Current Motor Tax from Feb = €560.
      New VRT 24%, New Motor Tax Rate from July = €430.
      NET FALL IN COST
    • The Citroën C8 2.0 HDI Automatic @ 210g/km however suffers from an increase in VRT
      Current VRT 30%, Current Tax from Feb = €754
      New VRT 32%, New Motor Tax Rate from July = €1000
      NET INCREASE IN COST
    • It's news to me, but when I went to check I discovered that Huyndai have withdrawn the Trajet.
    • The Fiat website is no longer listing the Ulysees
    • Toyota are no longer listing the Avensis Verso or the outdated Previa
    • Renault's Espace is a winner or loser depending on the engine the 2.2 is significantly dirtier than the 2.0 and falls into the Highest Band for Motor Tax and VRT from next July.
      The 2.0 150dci is 183g/km so
      Current VRT 30%, Current Motor Tax as of Feb = €754
      New VRT = 28%, New Motor Tax Rate from July = €600
      NET FALL IN COST
    • Mitsubishi Grandis 2.0 D-I 176.2g/km (apparently)
      NET FALL IN COST
    • The 140bhp VW Sharan 2.0 TDI 175g/km will make the 225g/km 1.8 petrol extinct overnight from July 1st
      NET FALL IN COST

So there is a full sized MPV or a few out there for the whingers and moaners who had the money to be considering the purchase of one of these vehicles new IN THE FIRST PLACE. Now they have extra pennies in their motorists fund and they can be environmentally friendly too!! will they be thanking Minister Cowen...not a chance:rolleyes:

It's amazing how interesting these things become, along with domestic cleaning and hard drive backup when there's study to be avoided!!

Toyota stopped building the Avensis Verso and Previa in 2005 as they had reached the end of their product cycle.

Same story with Hyundai and the Trajet. Nothing to do with Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Toyota stopped building the Avensis Verso and Previa in 2005 as they had reached the end of their product cycle.

Same story with Hyundai and the Trajet. Nothing to do with Ireland.

By end of product cycle you mean not selling enough to be worth manufacturing any more?

Advertisement