Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on Sony Ericsson K850i

• 07-12-2007 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Thinking of getting a brand new phone to replace my 6680. After a bit of gawking around the net I'm beginning to come down on the side of the K850i and I'm wondering if any of you have had bad, good or middling experiences with this phone.

I was always a nokia man myself. Love my current 6680 but after years of abuse its finally going to be replaced. So when I went to look at nokia's current range I was a bit disappointed. The N95 looks good but its got too many slidy bits and moving parts. I DESPISE flip top phones and I don't like slidey ones either so that leaves the only half decent nokia being the N73. Also on a very girly note the N95 and N93 seem to only be avaliable in grey on O2 and black looks cooler like the 8GB N92 which is of course only available on Vodafone and also has the "slidey" issues to deal with.

So to cut my bitching session short I have gone off nokia a bit and turned my attentions to the K850i (the w960i would be nice but its not out for christmas). The features on the K850i seem good and i'd get a 4GB memory stick with it to sort out and memory problems. The only problem is I've heard bad things about sony build quality and while googling this I found a lot of scare stories about K850i phones randomly switching off, taking photos of pure black etc.

So does anyone have one? Would you recommend it? Do you have problems with it? Any comments would be very much appreciated. Sorry about the rambling nature of the post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Hey, I've been testing a K850i for the last month and a half now to work out what problems the phone is having (and a fe other phones) Problems I have come up against Have been as follows,

.Touchscreen buttons (not very responsive)
    .Camera freezing (only when memory is pretty full)

These have been the main annoyances (problems is a bit harsh) I've had with the phone, the build quality isn't normally what you'd expect from a SE handset but It's still a well built phone. The navigation is a bit tricky but can be mastered. You'll need to have digits like David Gilmours to make the phone do what you want at times but everything else on the handset lives up to my expectations. Nice feature is the PSP/PS3 style for the multimedia menus.

I'd give the phone 8/10 overall -2 for memory issues and the size of the handset.

Hope this was of some help for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Battery life is also nothing like it states in the specs. Lucky to get a day with minimal usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I had one to play with for two days, huge disappointment compared to the k800/810i. Had a lot of problems with the touch buttons during calls. Also the feature set (lack of) isn't reflected in the price. Before the phone was announced I was expected wifi at the very least, with an outside chance of GPS.

Also 3.2mp is really the sweet-spot for camera phones, anything else tends to just introduce noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Thanks for the replies guys. I went and had a look at one today in O2. I'm a bit disappointed that you can't get the green one because they only have the blue. I still think I'll probably go with it. It's still my favourite of whats not a great choice on the market at the moment.

Thanks again guys. I'll update ye how it goes.

Advertisement