Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First-time Price/Performance Build (500 euros) - Should I order from Hardwareversand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

I would go with a box verson Cpu it will have a heatsink. If you buy it OEM (tray) then its just the processor....

If your going to overclock,then spare a few pound by getting a Intel Pentium Dualcore E2140 Box

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8V5jpc3UK3qX6S/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=17480&agid=398

Also drop that graphics card and get a 3850HD its twice as fast for €15 more..

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8V5jpc3UK3qX6S/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=19139&agid=716

The power supply is a little weak for me,you should pony up a tenner and get a 550watt one...

Corsair VX550W 550 Watt

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8V5jpc3UK3qX6S/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=17793&agid=240

Everything else is fine,

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ric.ie

Ohhh, I had thought the only difference between Box & Tray was the warranty.

I was told the core of the 2180 (M0 as opposed to L2) would allow more oc'ing potential, and I don't mind spending a little more if there is a difference (i.e. if it's safer to overclock at the same speeds).

Thanks for the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Try not to forget that will also need an OS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hardwareversand.de without question. Yes the bank transfer is annoying, but its amazing how many people are willing to spend more €€€ just to shave a few days of delivery time.

Beware of the keyboards though! German layout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't forget a good CPU cooler if you're overclocking that 2180, you'll only get so far with the stock one. Though, that said, by the time you've exceeded the capabilities of the stock one it's not like any game will actually demand more of it, but if you're aiming for large overclocks irrespective of need...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah don't get your keyboard from HWV, it will get irritating having a german layout, all the symbols above the numbers are messed up

EDIT: also, I can't recommend HWV more, i've had to return a mobo and RAM to them and had them both replaced, no questions asked. The same can't be said for my experiences with OCuk and Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yeah I built a PC for the 'rents and my Dad goes ballistic at the keyboard. It's fine for me because like most people here, I don't look too much at the keys. If you don't know your way around a keyboard then it will become mega frustrating!

Have to agree with the RMA statement too, alot of companies are very easy to deal with until something goes wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Hardwareversand.de without question. Yes the bank transfer is annoying, but its amazing how many people are willing to spend more €€€ just to shave a few days of delivery time.

Beware of the keyboards though! German layout!

It was the best part of a month before my order from HWV arrived, I definitely wouldn't recommend them.

Advertisement