Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to log on as Administrator in Normal Mode in XP

• 07-12-2007 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

How can I log on as Administrator in Normal Mode in XP ? or can I ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

afair if u change the way users log on and off in user accounts in the control panel, you can disable the welcome screen, this presents u with nt style user/pass input boxes at login where u can type in administrator and the pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

If you hid Ctrl-Alt-Del at the normal welcome screen, it should bring up the NT style login AFAIK, although I dont have a windows box handy to test it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

CTRL-ALT-DEL twice will bring up the login box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

XP home or pro?

XP Home: Boot to safe mode (press f8 at you boot) and u can access it there on the welcome screen

XP pro: at the login screen press CTR ALT DELETE twice and enetre the name Administrator and leave the password plank

Note: This only works if the system Admin is a total moron

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    XP home or pro?

XP Home: Boot to safe mode (press f8 at you boot) and u can access it there on the welcome screen
    - I dont want to acess it through safe mode as i want to install a program. I am having problems with file permissions when trying to install the program. Went in to Administrator via safe mode , changed the permissions on the ALL USERS file to give everybody access to it etc. , went back in to my own acccount and tried to install the program again. The program is Channel 4 on demand.
    What has caused this is that some of the file permissions changed when i was setting up a small network.

Will F8 allow me to access it as normal as I want to install the program but if i have problems with file access , i can solve them at the same time. Safe mode wont allow me to run the installation.

Its XP Home - tried the CRTL - ATL DELETE twice and typed in the administrator into user. I dont have a password for administrator clicked enter and it said that the account was restricted?

Advertisement