Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television Make Over Programmes!!

Options
  • 07-12-2007 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

RIght Girls,

Which programme would you choose for your television make over?

I have to say I would love to be on "How to look good naked"

Gok wang (or however you spell it) Is so nice to the women makes them feel really good about them selves.

Unlike those two ****** trinny and susannah, as for off the rails. More like off your rocker, any how let me know what you think girls>?:):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Aww I liked Trinny and Susanna....I like most of those make over shows except the dramatic American ones. I hate the Swan...might have something to do with that tool that presents it but I just think the UK ones are tamer and not as much surgery which I prefer. The US ones change too much about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I think they ones that show you how to dress for your boby type are great but then you have the other ones which are all about cosmetic surgery etc... bloody hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I would pick 'How to look good naked'. Gok could make anyone feel good about themselves.Most of us have bits of our bodies that we dislike or are ashamed of but he really helps women to deal with their problems.I find the shows that do major renovations a bit gruesome. Getting the skin burned off your face and having all your teeth knocked out does not appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I don't like the idea of those shows.

I'd hate for the whole nation to see me at my very worst, even if I was going to be made up at the end of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the best thing about these shows, is that it sometimes shows peoples true nature. Remember that chick from the swan who got surgery, and done up real pretty. Then they went back to her a year later (or else it was in a paper... details are sketchy) and she had left her husband/family and had a new great looking younger boyfriend.

****ing hilarious :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I always think they make the people look worse in those typs of shows. The dressing ones anyway. Or maybe you just can't do much with a crappy palette.
    As for the Swan, those nose jobs look absolutley ridiculous, they look like beaks.

WindSock wrote: »
    I always think they make the people look worse in those typs of shows. The dressing ones anyway. Or maybe you just can't do much with a crappy palette.

In fairness they do tend to look better because they pick people who dress in tatty old sacks in the first place.

I don't like any of that genre myself. Would rather die than have a 40ft projection of naked self flashed on Big Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

I like how to look good naked myself and Gok what ever his name is is great. But in fairness, the women on his show are all lovely anyway they just dont think they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Thats a very good point,

I think most women, are very good looking and just dont have any confidence!!

We need more GOK!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Quality wrote: »
    Thats a very good point,

I think most women, are very good looking and just dont have any confidence!!

We need more GOK!!
    Actually, what you need is less watching TV and less caring about what the media says about body image.

I thought women were supposed to be intelligent and independent these days(?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

JC 2K3 wrote: »

I thought women were supposed to be intelligent and independent these days(?)

That's just what the media want you to think ;)

I love How To Look Good Naked! Saw it tonight and that Gok Wan is just such a sweetheart! He's not at all bitchy like some makeover presenters, instead of the entire program being about the viewers' entertainment he makes it totally about the woman and getting her to face up to her body fears and loving who she is. He changes barely anything about the woman's body, aside from maybe getting her a manicure and a haircut, instead he uses fashion and soft lighting to make them look fabulous. Instead of this program folowing what the media says about being young and skinn to look good, Gok uses this show to illustrate that EVERY woman can be beautiful without resorting to drastic measures. I think this will do a lot for women's self esteem!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Abs love "how to look good naked". Gok Wan is just sooo nice to the women! I like the trial things too!
    Hate "10 years younger". That girl is such a cow!

Advertisement