Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"As a mod, you should know better..."

Options
  • 07-12-2007 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but it's something that really gets my goat, and has cropped up quite a bit lately - I'm sure I'm not the only one who's bloody sick to my duodenum of plebs moaning about something the mod of Discworld (for example) or whatever said on some completely unrelated forum.

I've no idea whether this is possible in the current vbb code, but if so, I wanted to see what people thought of removing 'Mod' tags from all mods except in the forums that they moderate? The 'Mod' tag just makes people a target for the usual anti-mod muppetry ('one rule for them, another for us', 'a mod shouldn't say things like that', etc etc). I don't post much anymore, so I'm not a victim of it myself, but it still does my head in to see it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wtf has truckle done now?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I can still keep my 3 mod stars though right?

Only I lost one this week in the wash and I don't want to lose the rest...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There was some discussion about that in the mod forum the other day. Have a look here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I think it comes from smaller forums where there's a few mods for the whole board, not per section.

I think people may have to just learn how it works, really. It's a good idea, but as some people have said, it is a way of navigating boards for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Removing the mod tag will only stop the people that don't know you are a mod from saying that you should know better.

If the user knows that the mod is a mod then they will have the same argument. So it wouldn't actually help the situation that much, just cover it up slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If someone acts the muppet, then they're a muppet regardless of whether they have a mod tag or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I think people will whinge no mattter what. Alot of people dont even look at the tag and non-mods have been mistaken for mods plenty of times.

I know I have looked at a poster on a forum they dont mod and seen the forum listed under their name and gone there. I might not have known the forum existed otherwise - its like adverting for the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

6th wrote: »
    I think people will whinge no mattter what. Alot of people dont even look at the tag and non-mods have been mistaken for mods plenty of times.

Interesting point.... Has anyone ever mistaken you for a mod, 6th?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

He walked right into that! :p

Interesting point.... Has anyone ever mistaken you for a mod, 6th?

Yes, specifically I was mistaken for Beruthial, I didnt want to correct the guy and a beautiful night was shared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Yes, specifically I was mistaken for Beruthial, I didnt want to correct the guy and a beautiful night was shared.

so you were the one who broke into her house and stole her clothes....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I should ban you for making the tea I was drinking come out my nose, its stings you know. However in the spirit of nepotism, I would not do that to a mod or someone mistaken for a mod, which is just as good if not better than being a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Vexorg wrote: »
    I should ban you for making the tea I was drinking come out my nose, its stings you know. However in the spirit of nepotism, I would not do that to a mod or someone mistaken for a mod, which is just as good if not better than being a mod.

Um... ?

giving positions of authority to friends or relatives.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm more than just a tad disturbed by you 6th and not in a good way.

Cake,
    You can't please all of the people all of the time. No matter what we do, there will always be whingers.

Vex,
    Any chance we can just site ban whingers from now on?
    It really would make life easier for the rest of us.
    Go on, you know you want to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I know what it means mord, But i though it only applied to family.

meaning is a relative term...

Anti wrote: »
    I know what it means mord, But i though it only applied to family.

Daddy Cloud
    Uncle Tom
    Cousin Vex
    Brother Eck
    Regi the black sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

:(

• Advertisement

regi wrote: »
    :(

Don't be sad. The black sheep of the family is always the most interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

mods need to buy daiixi christmas presents (value over EUR300) in order to keep their modships for the new year.

Beruthiel wrote: »

Just wait til you realise how all the elastic in your underwear got stretched....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Aah. I'm so glad Pighead finally got some :D

nipplenuts wrote: »

LOL!! :D

psi
    I just threw all my jocks in the bin *shudder*

I think 6th prefers it when you call them négligée.

psi wrote: »
    so you were the one who broke into her house and stole her clothes....

The upstairs bathroom window was open ...... it was practically an invitation >_>
    Vexorg wrote: »
    Mordeth wrote: »
    giving positions of authority to friends or relatives.

I am actually Vexorg's great grandson returned from the distant future.

I'm disturbed by the things I found in your bedside locker!
    Just wait til you realise how all the elastic in your underwear got stretched....

Runs off to start an "Am I fat" thread in PI :(
    nipplenuts wrote: »

Got & Gave.
    LOL!! :D

psi

I know but next time please dont put the leftovers in on top of them, drycleaners arent cheap.
    I think 6th prefers it when you call them négligée.

Strangely I am not as classy as you might think.

Ok now everyone back on topic .... shit, did I just backseat mod again?

Infraction +1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Cake Fiend wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who's bloody sick to my duodenum of plebs moaning about something the mod of Discworld (for example) or whatever said on some completely unrelated forum.
    Who gives a hoop what forum its on?

• Advertisement

I do. All offensive or difficult topics are to be started in Ah. Moving them all to their proper forums gives terry and karoma something to do during the day

Advertisement