Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"As a mod, you should know better..."

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Want to see boards sued out of existence ?
    And it being all over the newspaper and media how the cite is implicted with people's deaths ?

Yeah, but apart from that...

Oh all right then, you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if they started modding PI, id have to start posting there again.

And no one wants that....

Maybe I should start modding it again. It was so much nicer when I modded NOw that Thaed witch is in there, its all Hey Nonny Nonny No, and moonlight nakid dancing, and texting this number to find out the name of your real love....

ITs so gone to the dogs, it should be under the sports catagory!
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You are mixing up PI and paganism there WWM.

Tell you what if you want to mod Pi again then cools I will step down and stop being so frickin nice. It will be enteraining seeing how many 'helpful' posts I can make before I get banned. It will be nice to take the gloves and saftey catch off for a while.

Sports no, but many think it should be under humour.... maybe cos some days you got to laugh other wise you will cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i know, i hurt myself reading it once, and the pain was so bad, i never went back.

although, maybe we should try 6th out as mod on AH?

That's not a bad idea, not sure it is a good one, see I have meet him and consider him a nice bloke in person and would it be fair to throw him to the wolves likes that, wolves being the other ah mods .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Christmas moderators sounds like an idea - 6th and biko would be fine choices. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you make biko an After Hours mod, you're gonna need an extra few mods for the Dublin forums to deal with the increase in traffic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I nominate estebancambias, he'd crack down on the filth.

Karoma wrote: »
    Hey! I resemble that remark.

Christmas moderators sounds like an idea - 6th and biko would be fine choices. :)

oh oh oh

/me checks the dates to make sure she can join in the fun....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I nominate estebancambias, he'd crack down on the filth.

Le Rack banned within 5 seconds. FACT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i know, i hurt myself reading it once, and the pain was so bad, i never went back.

I'm up for that.
    Karoma's suggestion too.

Just don't give them access to the mod forum. I don't want them to see all the bad things that have been said about them.
    /stir.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Terry wrote: »
    I'm up for that.
    Karoma's suggestion too.

Just don't give them access to the mod forum. I don't want them to see all the bad things that have been said about them.
    /stir.

I could well guess what gets said on the Mods Forum by the sh*t I get on Boards in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Twat.

Get the hint.

Are you offering him your twat? This isn't the place to be propositioning someone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Are you offering him your twat? This isn't the place to be propositioning someone...
    You say that now...

How you doin'? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Anyone else have the "should have known better to lie with one as beautiful as you." song stuck in their head as a result of this thread?

It can't just be me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Anyone else have the "should have known better to lie with one as beautiful as you." song stuck in their head as a result of this thread?

It can't just be me.

Not any more you burstard !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Ayyyeeee Aye aye aye aye, aye aye AYE aye aye...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Since I can't be arsed going back to the first post, did this thread have a point?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

krazy_8s wrote: »
    Since I can't be arsed going back to the first post, did this thread have a point?

The first post just for you.
    Cake Fiend wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been discussed before, but it's something that really gets my goat, and has cropped up quite a bit lately - I'm sure I'm not the only one who's bloody sick to my duodenum of plebs moaning about something the mod of Discworld (for example) or whatever said on some completely unrelated forum.

I've no idea whether this is possible in the current vbb code, but if so, I wanted to see what people thought of removing 'Mod' tags from all mods except in the forums that they moderate? The 'Mod' tag just makes people a target for the usual anti-mod muppetry ('one rule for them, another for us', 'a mod shouldn't say things like that', etc etc). I don't post much anymore, so I'm not a victim of it myself, but it still does my head in to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I don't understand, the whole point of being a mod is the ability to be above the law. Thats why ecksor is allowed kidnap midgets who carry the trays of coke on their heads and lock them in his spare bedroom.

Which reminds me, somebody might want to warn those poor little sods that they never saw Katy French and never went back to the coke pile for a re-fill after visiting her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

krazy_8s wrote: »
    I don't understand, the whole point of being a mod is the ability to be above the law. Thats why ecksor is allowed kidnap midgets who carry the trays of coke on their heads and lock them in his spare bedroom.

Hey, I'm reporting this post... you didn't use the word "allegedly"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

psi wrote: »
    Hey, I'm reporting this post... you didn't use the word "allegedly"....

don't understand, the whole point of being a mod is the ability to be above the law. Thats why ecksor is allowed kidnap midgets who carry the trays of coke on their heads and lock them in his "allegedly" spare bedroom.

/Knifes own eyes out

David man, c'mon, give it a rest picking on the n00bs. It was more fun when you were fighting the p0wah!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Twat.

Get the hint.
    Troll.

STFU.

6th wrote: »
    I could well guess what gets said on the Mods Forum by the sh*t I get on Boards in general.

Tongue in cheek, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Troll.

STFU.

Tongue in cheek, dude.

I thought you were out of order ! Glad to see the admins fixed you ;)

Tongue in cheek, dude.

I doubt he feel that way as I got a pm saying he is sick of taking shít off people for no reason and is taking a break from boards.

Tongue in cheek, dude.

Really?

I'm guessing he's been reading the mod forum for a while now that he has the means...
    Thaedydal wrote:
    I doubt he feel that way as I got a pm saying he is sick of taking shít off people for no reason and is taking a break from boards.

There is a reason, it's not a very good or fair reason, but there is a reason.

In any case, I seriously doubt he's taking a break.. unless it's like a 15 min ciggy break.

Actually, if anyone wants we can start a betting slate...

psi wrote: »
    Really?

I'm guessing he's been reading the mod forum for a while now that he has the means...

Have you proof of this ?
    Can the admins prove that this has happened.

You are saying that jules80 a non mod access to that forum which has had mods sanctioned before.

So where is the proof ?

They live in different parts of the city and do not have the same ip addresses.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Have you proof of this ?
    Can the admins prove that this has happened.

You are saying that jules80 a non mod access to that forum which has had mods sanctioned before.

So where is the proof ?

They live in different parts of the city and do not have the same ip addresses.

Jesus (or which ever deity you wanna pick), Thaed, it was probably the most unsubtle troll I've posted in Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars..... and you still bit hook, line and sinker... I'm kinda surprised :eek:

• Advertisement

So what if you are taking the piss and you expect people to know this,
    there are 300 mods a huge ammont of users and most of them do not know you;
    so you are bringing a person here into disrepute for no more reason then your own amusement ?

Advertisement