Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss BR-864 Question

Options
  • 07-12-2007 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Sorry to trouble you guys with a specific issue, but I've seen people report this on other forums, so here's hoping someone else had this problem and resolved it.

Whenever I connect my BR-864 via USB to my computer, the Roland folder is empty, or has a single file with a strange character map-looking symbol for a name. I've tried different USB cables, different USB hubs, and initialized different flash cards, including the original. I sent it in for a repair and they sent it back for no charge, insisting nothing was wrong, but I know someone who has this same issue, and I've seen it posted on forums. It's worked well for three years, and this has just happened suddenly. Any ideas?

Simply buying a new system (probably different brand) isn't out of the question, but I'd at least want to make sure this wasn't a PC issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Were the repair people able to get the files off it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 surry

Apparently. They wrote: "Able to transfer and back up files from PC to unit several times, factory test, check usb port, card and all functions ok."

Its probably something up with your PC. I'd try it on a different PC to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 surry

Thanks a lot for the advice. Stupid of me not to do it before. Tried it, and it works.

But I’d still like to know if anyone knows why this suddenly happened after working fine for three years.

Reinstalling the USB drivers might sort it out. Sounds like the very worst is that your USB port has had it, have you tried any other USB devices out in the same port?

• Advertisement
Advertisement