Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on digiweb

Options
  • 07-12-2007 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello all,
    i'm noob to the forums here, i've got the only wirless broadband available in my area currently (co.Offaly) Lastmile.
    The speed is the pits , the contention is the worst I've ever seen , And I'm only opperating one machine on the line (+voip)
    I've got 1 web based biz currently and the next biz of 3 I'm starting is a web design co. - So I've been thinking about digiweb's offers with a dish..
    but the equip outlay is high and i'm wondering does anyone have the digiweb system (with a dish) and how are the speeds ? are they as advetised and what if any is the contention like...
    any info appreciated
    thanks
    mikcyj;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Satelite works fine, but you wont really be able to run VOIP over it (or anything else that is latency sensitive (like games))

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can do VOIP, but it's more like talking via two way radio than phone, with a change over delay of about 800ms. FPS/Actions games not feasible. You get eaten before you see the monster.

Advertisement