Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Mossin wrote: »
    Not much sleep gotten either [College Court houses are so COLD!!]
    Its feckin warmer outside, the houses are made of cardboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

WOOHOO

2 down 3 to go!!

I'm so lucky that I got that past paper last night, or I'd have been royally fooked today!!
    She barely made any changes from it! :D

Make that 2 down 4 to go for me:(:(
    I have never seen such a pissed lecturer though, after 25 mins there was a queue of people waiting to leave the hall!! She wasn't a happy camper...

Ah well :rolleyes:

I know, my friend was asking her questions about the paper after 25 mins and I was leaving at that stage....she was non-plussed:confused::confused:

What can ya do...next years crowd are gonna be screwed on it:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

could anyone tell me where the old PE building is?

could anyone tell me where the old PE building is?

Behind the Schrodinger and MSSI buildings by the river

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

ninty9er wrote: »

its wooden looking so its pretty easy to find....i got an exam in there tomrrow at 9 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

+1

And beside the playing pitches...

If you come out the archway from the SU courtyard on the Main Building side, and go right towards the Lonsdale Building carpark (that's the one behind the bus stop)...swing a left after the railings (instead of leaning right to the bus stop) and follow the hill down: it's the decrepit oul wooden building with steps leading up to it on your left at the bottom. If it's for an exam, go up the steps and through the main door - there's an entrance just inside on the left that goes down to the gym and PE hall. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm bloody delighted. My first semester where I only have 5 exams, and its strange to be two days into the exams and have 40% of them done.

:mad: @ artsie fartsie people who only have one exam...

:mad: @ artsie fartsie people who only have one exam...

I've three! I had a fair bit of coursework (at least 40 per cent completed through numerous assignments in two of them consisting of two essays (2,500; 3000 words each respectively); presentation (1,500 words); three tutorial tasks (1,000 words each); midterm worth 20% in the third one).

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh anatomy and phiosology tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Arrrrrgggggghhhh principles of accounting exam tomorrow, why oh why did I throw my accounting books into that big end of school bonfire? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

cson wrote: »
    Arrrrrgggggghhhh principles of accounting exam tomorrow, why oh why did I throw my accounting books into that big end of school bonfire? :confused:

Is that with "The Sheriff - John Heneghan"??

If so, don't be overly worries about it!
    Same exam most years..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

"The taoiseach of this country doesn't know where £20,000 went to... *dramatic pause* He wasn't one of my students"

There are loads more quotes where that came from.

Ah I'm not worried a bit about it, I was only messin' :o My accounting from the Leaving will see me through tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Is that with "The Sheriff - John Heneghan"??

If so, don't be overly worries about it!
    Same exam most years..

True. Our paper last year was very like the one the year before, IIRC. They're not marked overly hard either, or else the curve was ridiciuosly low for us because I hate accounting, didn't do it for the LC and still managed a
    B1.

In summary...you're sorted.;)
    cson wrote:
    "The taoiseach of this country doesn't know where £20,000 went to... *dramatic pause* He wasn't one of my students"
    *cringe* He didn't?!!??!! Is he still barking on about Enron? He never used to shut up about Enron last year; we came to the conclusion that he was behind Enron's downfall, so that's why he's obsessed with it!:D

Another famous quote: "Two minutes past the hour....lecture in progress!!"

That man.....:mad:

I feel ever so slightly relieved that I haven't studied for tomorrow's exam yet as a student just walked into the SU and bought a photocopy card to photocopy the notes for it....I'm streets ahead..I did that last Wednesday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Rineanna wrote: »
    True. Our paper last year was very like the one the year before, IIRC. They're not marked overly hard either, or else the curve was ridiciuosly low for us because I hate accounting, didn't do it for the LC and still managed a
    B1.

In summary...you're sorted.;)

*cringe* He didn't?!!??!! Is he still barking on about Enron? He never used to shut up about Enron last year; we came to the conclusion that he was behind Enron's downfall, so that's why he's obsessed with it!:D

Another famous quote: "Two minutes past the hour....lecture in progress!!"

That man.....:mad:

Its ok though because if you are listening he "gives out the jewels people"
    I absolutly despise that man, refuse point blank to listen to that arrogant
    gimp for 45 minutes. Had a double lecture with him last year, went to 2 of them.

IrishMike wrote: »
    Its ok though because if you are listening he "gives out the jewels people"
    I absolutly despise that man, refuse point blank to listen to that arrogant
    gimp for 45 minutes. Had a double lecture with him last year, went to 2 of them.

Oh the "jewels"!! How I'd almost forgotten those..:rolleyes:

Arrogant he might be, but at least he managed to control a lecture..
    "Two minutes past the hour....lecture in progress!!"

I'd rather have him any day than the most boring man alive "Philip O'Regan". OMG can that man drive me insane, and trying to study for his exam...:(

I'd rather have him any day than the most boring man alive "Philip O'Regan". OMG can that man drive me insane, and trying to study for his exam...:(

Really

O'Regan all the way !!!

The man doesn't treat the class like complete scumbags and he doesn't try at every occasion to be a wan|<er.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Probably the best lecturer i had this year was Phillip o Regan.
    Plus he basically gave the final exam, cant ask for more than that.

At least its not Sheila and her kids,her phd,her coffee and her damn skoda.
    That woman could annoy the dead!
    Her exam will be a nightmare (coming from a person who spent the entire day
    playing poker online instead of actually studying for it!)

Really

O'Regan all the way !!!

The man doesn't treat the class like complete scumbags and he doesn't try at every occasion to be a wan|<er.

Typical accounting student, standing up for the most boring lecturer ever!!
    What more could you expect though:rolleyes:

And Heneghan wasn't that bad, he is a good lecturer, that is the point really.

Typical accounting student, standing up for the most boring lecturer ever!!
    What more could you expect though:rolleyes:

And Heneghan wasn't that bad, he is a good lecturer, that is the point really.

Don't mix good orator with good lecturer, While I enjoyed Heneghan and his fistslap last year, O'Regan is much more capable of imparting the necessary knowledge

• Advertisement

Don't mix good orator with good lecturer, While I enjoyed Heneghan and his fistslap last year, O'Regan is much more capable of imparting the necessary knowledge

You seriously think so??

Have you seen the notes O'Regan gave us this semester..They are practically useless. You have to go and read the entire book, coincidentally written by him, to have a clue whats going on.

Isn't it funny how he gave us the whole exam paper, practically word for word, as opposed to Heneghan.
    He knows a lot of people would have failed if he didn't...

*feels out of the loop not being a Business/Laccy student (somewhat relieved also though)*

Bríd Quinn, anyone?

"I spent twenty years in primary school" [as a primary school teacher]

someone at the back: "God you were slow"

Laughter ripples like the Mexican wave from the back down to the front.

Quinn, trying to be 'down with it', as always, "What was that?"

The brave soul pipes up, "Bríd, I said you must've been slow"

Quinn speechless.

Priceless moment of the semester. :rolleyes:

*feels out of the loop not being a Business/Laccy student (somewhat relieved also though)*

Bríd Quinn, anyone?

Quinn speechless.

ROFL :D:D:D ROFL
    I'd have loved to be there for that..

ROFL :D:D:D ROFL
    I'd have loved to be there for that..

It was brilliant. Absolutely priceless - in the MasterCard sort of way :)

She's such a primary school teacher in her outlook (big into attendance and doing your homework, etc) but she always tries to play 'cool'. She tried laughing it off, but everyone knew that it was: Students 1, Quinn 0. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Eoin Quill anyone (Tort law), everyone gets mangled.

Jennifer Schweppe...can't understand why there's an FAI and an IFA (and thinks we think she's not coming back)

Brendan O'Halloran...do you like alarm clocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

O'Regan all the way !!!

Hmmm, I tend to agree, I had POR for Principles of Accounting and found him quite good. Mind you, I didn't become an accountant.
    Pfft, you're supposed to pipe me these quotes for page 2. That's comedy gold.

/goes off in a huff
    klong wrote: »
    Eoin Quill anyone (Tort law), everyone gets mangled.
    No fond memories of Tort here. None. Except for starting to study it the night before the exam, going to the library and finding all the books gone except a few English tort books from the seventies. Ended up using Wombles v Wombles Skips in the passing off question. Found out it had been added to the syllabus the next year. Also used Golden Vale v Mitchelstown from a vague memory of Golden Vale having to change their butter packets about a decade before. Turned out to be a real case (which was good). Exam result was still car-crash worthy though, owing to us in the Emerald Isle having our own cases.

sceptre wrote: »
    Pfft, you're supposed to pipe me these quotes for page 2. That's comedy gold.

/goes off in a huff

Feck off! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

*feels out of the loop not being a
    Bríd Quinn, anyone?

Quinn speechless.

Fan-fecking-tastic! That's actually worth a 'LOL'!:D
    Business/Laccy student (somewhat relieved also though)*
    Bite me, bottle-nose. Like Humanities are much better! :rolleyes::D

Fan-fecking-tastic! That's actually worth a 'LOL'!:D

Bite me, bottle-nose.

Oooh mister smarty pants, eh?!? I know where you live!! :p;)
    Like Humanities are much better! :rolleyes::D

Yes. We are. Jealous? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

sceptre wrote: »

No fond memories of Tort here. None. Except for starting to study it the night before the exam, going to the library and finding all the books gone except a few English tort books from the seventies. Ended up using Wombles v Wombles Skips in the passing off question. Found out it had been added to the syllabus the next year. Also used Golden Vale v Mitchelstown from a vague memory of Golden Vale having to change their butter packets about a decade before. Turned out to be a real case (which was good). Exam result was still car-crash worthy though, owing to us in the Emerald Isle having our own cases.

Who says it's a fond memory? I'm as confuzzled as, well, a most confuzzled thing:(

Apparently the class above us used to have a "Catchphrase Bingo" game going :D

Advertisement