Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Oooh mister smarty pants, eh?!? I know where you live!! :p;)

Right back at ya! :eek:
    Yes. We are. Jealous? ;)
    Ok then; you keep telling yourself that! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Rineanna wrote: »
    Right back at ya! :eek:

Yeah. Damn. :p
    Ok then; you keep telling yourself that! ;)

We all know it's true. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

*Deja Vu* Mother of jaysus, what have I started? :eek:
    *cringe* He didn't?!!??!! Is he still barking on about Enron? He never used to shut up about Enron last year; we came to the conclusion that he was behind Enron's downfall, so that's why he's obsessed with it!:D

Another famous quote: "Two minutes past the hour....lecture in progress!!"

That man.....:mad:

No, this years one is IBM.

As in "It doesn't matter whether you're chief financial officer of IBM or running a bike store on O'Connell St, you still have to balance the books etc etc.
    IrishMike wrote: »
    Its ok though because if you are listening he "gives out the jewels people"

I roffled when I heard that. I had images of him whipping out his lad :eek:

"I'm handing out the jewels people, who wants 'em?
    Bríd Quinn, anyone?.... <snipity snip snip>....

Priceless moment of the semester. :rolleyes:

Something similar in my BIM lecture with Paddy Buckley, he was giving out sample questions on the exam paper and one of them was > "Hard Disk Storage in a computer is measured in? (a)Megabytes (b)Gigabytes (c) Terabytes etc etc

Without even thinking I roared out "Bacon Bites!". I din't actually mean to shout it, I was just thinking it is all. Dozing away, feeling hungry, listening to someone talking about "bites".

Oh and bluedolphin, you just wish you were in the loop. :p

Same with those Law & Euro posers, I saw one of them with a hoody saying "At least we're not law & accounting"

pfft, you wish losers. :rolleyes:

cson wrote: »
    Oh and bluedolphin, you just wish you were in the loop. :p

Same with those Law & Euro posers, I saw one of them with a hoody saying "At least we're not law & accounting"

pfft, you wish losers. :rolleyes:

I am in the loop. My own loop.

Mmmm Loop-de-loop.

Man, they're good ice-creams. Can't wait for next semester and eating ice-cream in front of the library! \o/

Nah, mint/strawberry cornettos ftw.

On the topic of ice cream, I was in TK Maxx a few months ago and I saw a shirt that looked like a Brunch. I was seriously tempted to shell out the requisite €25, just for the comedy value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

So, that Paddy Healy...quite the man.

Guys...guys?

/cricket chirps for Comp Sysers.

*Peteee laments the fact that this site has become infested with Laccy's and, god forbid, "Biz Org" people.
    "Hard Disk Storage in a computer is measured in? (a)Megabytes (b)Gigabytes (c) Terabytes etc etc

Without even thinking I roared out "Bacon Bites!". I din't actually mean to shout it, I was just thinking it is all. Dozing away, feeling hungry, listening to someone talking about "bites".

Even without the bacon bites (Classic) that question is bloody ridiculous, without a 'All of the above' option. Or more accurately

"The capacity of an HDD can be calculated by multiplying the number of cylinders by the number of heads by the number of sectors by the number of bytes/sector (most commonly 512)."

</nerd mode>

Nah, mint/strawberry cornettos ftw.

On the topic of ice cream, I was in TK Maxx a few months ago and I saw a shirt that looked like a Brunch. I was seriously tempted to shell out the requisite €25, just for the comedy value.

I don't like Brunches.

Peteee wrote: »

Guys...guys?

/cricket chirps for Comp Sysers.

*Peteee laments the fact that this site has become infested with Laccy's and, god forbid, "Biz Org" people.

Even without the bacon bites (Classic) that question is bloody ridiculous, without a 'All of the above' option. Or more accurately

"The capacity of an HDD can be calculated by multiplying the number of cylinders by the number of heads by the number of sectors by the number of bytes/sector (most commonly 512)."

</nerd mode>

Afaik I'm the only Laccy on Boards :(

And that proabably wasn't the exact question Mr Pedantic :p I was dozing at the time, only to wake from my slumber at the mention of "bites" :D
    I don't like Brunches.

It was a brunch coloured shirt! A brunch coloured shirt like! How often do you see one of those around, lets be honest?

*pictures self in brunch shirt at BULBs*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

LAck of Comp Sys? A Good Thing, in my opinion. A least there be womenfolk around now!

*pictures self in brunch shirt at BULBs*

Doooo it. Doooooooooooooooooooooo it!! :D
    klong wrote: »
    LAck of Comp Sys? A Good Thing, in my opinion. A least there be womenfolk around now!

No there isn't! Me and Fast_Mover...who else?!

• Advertisement

I don't like Brunches.

You are broken.

So about this t-shirt, did it have the crumbly colourdy bits attached, or was it just a hippie t-shirt? Cos if its the former, then it is indeed a true brunch t-shirt

You are broken.
    Yore ma.

...is lovely, I'm sure

You are broken.

So about this t-shirt, did it have the crumbly colourdy bits attached, or was it just a hippie t-shirt? Cos if its the former, then it is indeed a true brunch t-shirt

It was the same colour as a brunch (No crumbly bits) just a stripy shirt that looked like a brunch.

*regrets not buying brunch shirt :(*

Just after remembering another quote from the John Heneghan Show; "Here in UL we teach you the fundamentals, the elementals and the mental mentals, you're not in LIT now"

Or "This isn't LIT"

Lollers.

Yore ma.

Personal abuse :eek:

*Shouts*

UNCLE KAIMERA!!!!!!

Personal abuse :eek:

*Shouts*

UNCLE KAIMERA!!!!!!

I think not. :D Check again, dear cson! :D:D:D:cool:

I'm confustered.... :confused::eek::(

I'm confustered.... :confused::eek::(

*sigh* Laccy.....!

Scroll up and read my post. I believe you'll find I, ahem, adjusted it so as to render your tattle-taling invalid ;)

Yore ma.

...is lovely, I'm sure

She's dead :(

...dead tired of yore ma jokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Guys...guys?

Never had Paddy as a lecturer, but he did help me with my Leaving Cert maths when I had trouble with it...nice guy

Something similar in my BIM lecture with Paddy Buckley, he was giving out sample questions on the exam paper and one of them was > "Hard Disk Storage in a computer is measured in? (a)Megabytes (b)Gigabytes (c) Terabytes etc etc

What is Buckley like as a lecturer, always seems the eternal kid type at C&S when he does the budget presentation every year.

I just hear that question in my head when I read it and the lisp made it much funnier...

Paddys the finest, seems to know his stuff.

He's not that long a lecturer though I'd say, and he seems mad into his computers. Like seriously mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I'm going to preface this post with the warning that I've been drinking and I probably won't be in a good mood tomorrow (infact the thoughts of getting up early to get a Dart have me in a bad mood already) I apologise to anyone I may cause offence to especially klong :)
    No, this years one is IBM.

As in "It doesn't matter whether you're chief financial officer of IBM or running a bike store on O'Connell St, you still have to balance the books etc etc.

He's right.

That's a pretty idiotic question to be honest as the capacity of a disk can be measured in all three ways i.e. Megabytes being subdivisions of Gigabytes and Terabytes.

Indeed he's a good man our Paddy I actually miss his modules.
    klong wrote: »

This from someone who didn't turn up to a single boards beers while I was in UL. There were plenty of women folk around and if you turned up you may have seen that.
    ninty9er wrote: »
    Never had Paddy as a lecturer, but he did help me with my Leaving Cert maths when I had trouble with it...nice guy

Really? He's a pretty sound dude alright I had him as my FYP supervisor and I couldn't recommend him enough to any current Comp Sysers. To add to cson's post if you're referring to the Paddy all us Comp Sys people know and love he's been a lecturer since the late 90's I think and given that he's a lecturer in the CSIS department of course he's mad into computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

rmacm wrote: »
    To add to cson's post if you're referring to the Paddy all us Comp Sys people know and love he's been a lecturer since the late 90's I think and given that he's a lecturer in the CSIS department of course he's mad into computers.

cson is referring, I believe, to the Paddy of Debating Union fame rather than the CSISs very own Paddy Healy

Paddy Buckley is the one I'm on about....

Debating union fame? Wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

People can we be careful about what we say about lecturers here please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Two down, 2 to go! Hoping my marketing one on Monday is as fair as yesterday's!

🤪

kaimera wrote: »

They're all lovely people :)

Paddy Buckley is the one I'm on about....

Debating union fame? Wtf?

Paddy Buckley is a former member of UL DebU...one of the best debaters in UL tbh. A real character to listen to (especially with that lisp and Cork accent!) and excellent debater. He was still active when I was in first year (04/05) and joined DebU. Not so much anymore, although he is brought out on occasion :p
    kaimera wrote: »

I am being careful! I'm full of care!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Oh yes rmacm, I'm quite offended :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

i am just home from my anatomy and physiology exam ............official depression.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

i am just home from my anatomy and physiology exam ............official depression.:(
    Where's rmacm with those e.hugs? smiliepacmanfd8.gif

Advertisement