Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I heard that "sample" paper for one of the business modules was extremely accurate:D Does anybody here want to shed some light on that rumour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

cooperguy wrote: »
    I heard that "sample" paper for one of the business modules was extremely accurate:D Does anybody here want to shed some light on that rumour!!

Ah yeah the past paper we acquired the night before the FYP module was practically word for word the same for almost all 55 questions.

As for today's Entrepreneurship exam :o
    I'm still sick, albeit without the aching back and neck pains, but still sick.
    Now to go cram for an hour or so, and then attempt to pass :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just about 52 minutes left til my last exam. And I'm fooked. Proper fooked. Thus far I've tried to wing every exam and I'd say I've only failed 3 of them out of 5, so I suppose thats success in any mans terms...... isn't it? :o

Mossin wrote: »
    As for today's Entrepreneurship exam :o
    I'm still sick, albeit without the aching back and neck pains, but still sick.
    Now to go cram for an hour or so, and then attempt to pass :(

It went good in the end..Who'd have imagined that??!!
    The 2 topics I had covered somewhat properly did come up in the same section, and I thought I was fooked, but I just made some **** up about types of financing :D

Now only 1 to go!!!
    Then time to hook beer to my veins!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If only I had studied hard enought to know that the cow/dog thing which I knew fairly well was called the Boston Matrix I might have had a good chance at answering that question....I just waffled for 2 pages on the other option instead......filled a whole booklet on 1 question!! I'm a BBS student ffs, that's something to be :confused::confused:proud or ashamed of:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

ninty9er wrote: »
    filled a whole booklet on 1 question!! I'm a BBS student ffs, that's something to be :confused::confused:proud or ashamed of:confused::confused:

No, see, that's a BBS student for you.

Us over here under the Humanities' umbrella are quite adept at waffling/bullsh!tting, but we do it to such a high standard that we don't actually build up an excessive word count. We say nothing in 3.5 pages and yet adequately fool the corrector that we've sufficiently answered the question. Go back to yer amateur BBS waffle with yer booklet of an answer! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Done done done done done done done done (etc)

cson wrote: »
    Just about 52 minutes left til my last exam. And I'm fooked. Proper fooked. Thus far I've tried to wing every exam and I'd say I've only failed 3 of them out of 5, so I suppose thats success in any mans terms...... isn't it? :o
    You do understand that if you fail enough exams in a year (more than 4 between this semester and next semester I think) you have to repeat the year and repeating the exams isnt an option ya?? At the cost of over €3000 a semester aswell!!

Yer I know :(

And the QCA has to be at a certain level too :(

But I am finished. :) <happy face engage>

cooperguy wrote: »
    You do understand that if you fail enough exams in a year (more than 4 between this semester and next semester I think) you have to repeat the year and repeating the exams isnt an option ya?? At the cost of over €3000 a semester aswell!!
    Think it's actually a maximum of two per semester and four over the course of a year. That's as far as I know anyway. Well, that's two outright Fs (as opposed to compensatory fails)...but then the whole QCA-being-above-2.0 comes into play as well. *Sigh* Complications, complications!

Anyhoo, cson's a wee firstie so they'll pass him pretty much regardless ;)
    klong wrote: »
    Done done done done done done done done (etc)
    YOU...
    But I am finished. :) <happy face engage>
    ...and YOU...

please go over there (*points to corner*) and stand in silence. There will be no rejoicing yet! That may commence at 11:01am tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement

Anyhoo, cson's a wee firstie so they'll pass him pretty much regardless ;)

They mightn't when they read what I wrote for the law exams. Such shite the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Murphys sewage tank overflowed down below at Dan Moloneys bend.

In fact if the Bureau for talking the height of scutter ever get hold of me, I'll be a very very worried man. :(

You'd be surprised with the shíte I got away with in first year. As you said your finished and its christmas so there is no need to worry about it yet:D

I however have two more exams to do between now and Thursday:(

ninty9er wrote: »
    If only I had studied hard enought to know that the cow/dog thing which I knew fairly well was called the Boston Matrix I might have had a good chance at answering that question....I just waffled for 2 pages on the other option instead......filled a whole booklet on 1 question!! I'm a BBS student ffs, that's something to be :confused::confused:proud or ashamed of:confused::confused:

WTF!!?? How did you not know it was the BCG thingy?? She highlighted it enough in class and it had a big table and everything!!
    And the other option was a business plan, and that was a fairly simple question.
    As for Part A..I waffled for 3 pages on Q2. How could you possibly have filled an entire booklet????

No, see, that's a BBS student for you.

Us over here under the Humanities' umbrella are quite adept at waffling/bullsh!tting, but we do it to such a high standard that we don't actually build up an excessive word count. We say nothing in 3.5 pages and yet adequately fool the corrector that we've sufficiently answered the question. Go back to yer amateur BBS waffle with yer booklet of an answer! :p

I have never built up an excessive word count through waffling, Ninty9er is an exception and gives us a bad name ;):p
    Sure what else can ye Humanities do other than waffle, in fairness, its not really a degree :eek::eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Sure what else can ye Humanities do other than waffle, in fairness, its not really a degree :eek::eek:

Hear hear.

Of course the only proper degrees are Bachelor of Science :D

I have never built up an excessive word count through waffling, Ninty9er is an exception and gives us a bad name ;):p

We contemplate life.

Don't be mean: I was nice to you yesterday in your sickyness; giving advice about hot sweet tea, too. Last time I'm nice to you, you backstabber! :(:(

We contemplate life.

Don't be mean: I was nice to you yesterday in your sickyness; giving advice about hot sweet tea, too. Last time I'm nice to you, you backstabber! :(:(

Its the sickness talking I swear!!
    I am nice, and I appreciate the advice, it was very good tea...
    I'm sure humanities do great work.

Its the sickness talking I swear!!
    I am nice, and I appreciate the advice, it was very good tea...
    I'm sure humanities do great work.

YEAH! YEAH! :p

:D

Peteee wrote: »
    Hear hear.

Hear Hear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Peteee wrote: »
    Hear hear.

+1

Right so,
    I started this thread almost 2 weeks ago, and I'm still not finished!!
    I only have 5 exams..
    I am so fed up of study at this stage now, it driving me to drink..24 Miller in Dunnes are calling me.......:o

• Advertisement

I somehow have managed to stay away from the beer.
    But it didn't make me study, I just decided to do nothing instead, not such a good idea when I look at it now, considering my last exam is in a few hours...
    But hey, who cares right???
    It's my last exam..then I'm getting hammered!!!!!:D

Personally the last exam makes me lose perspective.... all I can think about is apres the exam ;)

Anywho, I find myself back in Limerick today for no particular reason.

Personally the last exam makes me lose perspective.... all I can think about is apres the exam ;)

Anywho, I find myself back in Limerick today for no particular reason.

Exactly, I am just thinking of having my first pint...I can't concentrate on study, and a 2.5 hour exam to write 3 essay style answers...I think I can manage that in 1.5 hours :rolleyes:

As for you being back in Limerick today, I hope its for BULBS !!

1 hour to go before the last one then freedom, and third year finished !! Woohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Anyone who said they were going to the boards beers and isn't in Javas get your tits out there now. People there as I type this and will be moving on to the Stables soon. If anyone knows ninty9er look for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

i am now offically finished my exams!!lets drink and be merry!!:D

Advertisement