Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aggressive knackers

Options
  • 07-12-2007 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else experience this - knackers stopped in the middle of the street (usually in transits) having a chat while the traffic builds up behind them?!
    I've noticed it a lot lately, and they're also fond of just stopping in the middle of the road while a friend walks over to chat.
    I've been behind a few and they got a few toots before they decided to (extremely casually) move out of everyones way. Lately though, a few of the knackers have been verbally abusive towards the oncoming traffic. The gf's sister was behind a similiar convoy during the week and 1 of the knacks gets out of the van and shouting at the cars behind him - "who are you f**king beeping at" and the like. I heard of a few similiar incidents around town recently as well.
    What do you do with these scumbags?! I'd be highly discouraged giving them a blast of the horn now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I guess you could report them to the Gardai. They may not do anything there and then but if lots of complaints build up againsit the same regs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

random wrote: »
    I guess you could report them to the Gardai. They may not do anything there and then but if lots of complaints build up againsit the same regs....

I agree with you,report it to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

or leaning out of the window in a 2 lane traffic jam and asking you - "Hey Boss, how much for the motor".:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Knackers being ignorant, abusive and aggressive? Stop press...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Whenever I feel like screaming at some scruffy knacker that's stopped in the middle of a road or pulls up in a clearway and slaps on his hazards - I just remember the story that was in the news earlier this year (from UK);

It was about a guy who was sitting at lights in his convertible and someone walking past snd chucked a half eaten snickers into it which hit off his wife. So the guy gets out like many of us would and confronts the guy along the lines of "What the effin hell do you think you are doing?"... he then gets stabbed to death by this nutcase and is left bleeding to death at the side of the road with his wife crying over him.

Moral is you can never be too sure what sort of lunatic is out and about these days so if someone looks deranged its often best to leave them be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Tails142 wrote: »
    Whenever I feel like screaming at some scruffy knacker that's stopped in the middle of a road or pulls up in a clearway and slaps on his hazards - I just remember the story that was in the news earlier this year (from UK);

It was about a guy who was sitting at lights in his convertible and someone walking past snd chucked a half eaten snickers into it which hit off his wife. So the guy gets out like many of us would and confronts the guy along the lines of "What the effin hell do you think you are doing?"... he then gets stabbed to death by this nutcase and is left bleeding to death at the side of the road with his wife crying over him.

Moral is you can never be too sure what sort of lunatic is out and about these days so if someone looks deranged its often best to leave them be

It's this kind of attitude that makes people stand by, as if they're blind, as helpless old ladies get beaten up at bus stops. If you don't put up a fight, the place will be overrun with the scum...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

padraig nally for taoiseach, a man who gets things done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Tails142 wrote: »

Moral of the story is don't get out of your car just drive over the f*cker, and just say "sorry guard he must have been under my car trying to rob something and I drove over him not realising he was there" I'm sure they'll understand.;):)

junkyard wrote: »
    Moral of the story is don't get out of your car just drive over the f*cker, and just say "sorry guard he must have been under my car trying to rob something and I drove over him not realising he was there" I'm sure they'll understand.;):)

Excellent, Next time i will do that and tell them junkyard told me to do it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

junkyard for taoiseach:D

• Advertisement

land9 wrote: »
    junkyard for taoiseach:D
    I will vote for him and so will afew thousand others from boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Well I have to say when I have got a dumbass horning like crazy just because I can't move forward because kids are crossing the road in front of me of example, even if the light is green, I am sometimes getting out to ask what is the guys problem.
    Or when I got somebody who just drove like a nut and endangered my life or my cars occupants, I have no problem of getting out and have a quick chat with the MF. I called them MF or other names, and so what? The guy want to call the guards? Be my guest an learn to drive and respect peoples life next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Closed...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement