Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zeroing Scope on AUG A1

Options
  • 07-12-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

Just got a jing gong aug military and cant seem to zero the scope.

Is it just the little screw with the alen key hole you turn or the larger nut its set into aswell.

Cant find any info on this,

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The real ones use a tool similar to a 90degree valve key if I remember, so I'm assuming the airsoft variants use something like an allen key.

Windage on top
    Elevation on the side.

Assuming your hop is tuned right, stick a target at 10 or 20 m, fire a couple of shots to get an idea of how far you need to tune and then it's just trial and error from there. Turn the Elevation dial (the one on the side) to bring the circle up or down, windage obviously does left or right then.

If you're turning them and nothings happening, it's possible it's either not connected or the teeth are missing their opposites. Also I've seen some scopes with a screw that just opens the dial, meaning you may have to open that screw, then turn the dial manually with another tool or with your fingers to adjust it, then tighten the screw to lock the new setting in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The CA use a little tool, Mauri dont make the mil anymore, and JG i dunno. With the CA you get a small tool. Its a cylinder, approx. 1cm in diameter and about 2 high. On the base are 2 "bumbs", one in the centre and one on the circumference. This fits in the small holes on the bottom and right adjuster. Justinsert and turn. DO NOT mess with the left one, its what holds in the sight assembly.

Lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Yeah the jg version has an allen key slot.

Ive turned the screws completely in and out, as far as removing the screw altogether, it seems to affect nothing.

I've zeroed scopes before but the adjustment knobs seem to do absolutely nothing.

This is a clone. Its quirte possible that they are purely ornamental:eek:

Its a possibility, but I thought jing gong was a copy of the CA version.

If so the bloody thing is useless as its WAYYY off as is, id be better off shooting with my eyes closed.

I may be doing it wrong but its just the little screw on the right that adjusts right and left, not the bigger nut its contained in?

Thats the only other possibility.

• Advertisement

On the CA the adjustment is just the top of the Nut, not the whole thing.

in that case im fooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

'could be a fault? Ask Shiva if the rest of his are like that.

If anyone knows someone with a jing gong aug military let me know and I'll ask them, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Jay TLR

Mines exactly the same. It sights down and the the right of where the BB goes and the adjustment does nothing to correct it. It does sorta make aiming a point and pray affair because of it. Disappointing...

• Advertisement

Jay TLR wrote: »
    Mines exactly the same. It sights down and the the right of where the BB goes and the adjustment does nothing to correct it. It does sorta make aiming a point and pray affair because of it. Disappointing...

Mine looks up and to the right.

For a gun with an integrated scope its a bit sh1tty to be like that.

I may get a railed upper receiver for a proper scope.

Or a CA but thats a big step up from a clone impulse buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

That is quite disappointing. I was considering the clone, but it's the CA for me now.

I wonder what the clone plus a CA upper receiver would cost?

Probably worth just getting the CA.

Its unlike JG to have such a big drawback...If I were you I'd post it up on Arnies, if theres a way they'll know.

To be honest I've a feeling the scope has something missing from inside it, a clone usually incorporates all the parts of what it clones, even if not that well they would be there, and an unadjustable scope on a fixed scope aeg is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Any chance of some close up shots of the 'sight adjusters'?

No camera sorry.

No problem. I'm getting one of these military JG AUG's and I'm finding it a bit hard to believe they cant be sighted in :eek:, pretty crappy if they cant be.

But surely this issue would have been raised before now, no? If it was a known flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I've tried to zero a my CA AUG scope and a two red-dots.
    I cant help but feel I am just wasting my time. Any of the airsoft
    products I have fired (and I have got a few now) dont fire consistently.
    At about 10m Still getting impacts that vary as much as 12 inches.

I cant help but feel Optical scopes in airsoft are more cosmetic than practical.
    Red dots may merit a little bit more practical use when it comes to getting on target nice and quick.

~B

bullets wrote: »

I cant help but feel Optical scopes in airsoft are more cosmetic than practical.
    Red dots may merit a little bit more practical use when it comes to getting on target nice and quick.

~B

Did you clean the barrels thoroughly?

• Advertisement

bullets wrote: »

~B

The classic army scope does adjust though?

The point is you can zero them, adjust them to the average point of impact, at least enough to be usable, the problem here it seems is the scope lacks any adjustability, at all.

The scope is very far off axis and cant be even made to point in a general direction of hits.

Pics in a sec.

DSC01124.jpg
    DSC01123.jpg
    DSC01122.jpg

Thats pretty much the same as the real steel, I remember the armourers had a little small tool like that which they'd adjust the sight with.

Come on Motosam, tell us you made a mistake and the sights CAN be adjusted :p, damn those cheap ass JG's!! :D

In fairness lads, we've both tried and neither one of us can get it zero'ed. It's not something simple.

My scope any way is mounted off axis and doesn't adjust at all.

I suspect an internal part is missing but thats speculation.

I'm going to get a krinkov instead.

Jay TLR wrote: »
    In fairness lads, we've both tried and neither one of us can get it zero'ed. It's not something simple.

Are you having the exact same issue Jay? ie the screw coming right the way out but nothing happening? Whats in behind that screw? does the taking out of the screw allow the larger wheel to be turned perhaps?

Taking the screw out does not let the outer wheel turn. That's an obvious one. When you take the screw out you can see inside there's an inner tube, which must be the scope itself. The screw just presses on this when you turn it, you can see the marks on it from trying. It doesn't seem to move because it this. Pretty piss poor to be honest....

Ah, right, thanks. Seems that those two screws are supposedly supposed to put pressure (or relief) on that inner barrell. Once the screws are removed is that inner barrell lose? Is there any play in it?

I understand it a little better now, you'd imagine there's be springs or pressure put on the scope from the opposite side of the screw holes. Is there a retaining ring (the first object in the pic below) that can be removed to allow that inner barrel to slide out and have a gawk at whats going on in there?

LensCellParts.jpg

• Advertisement

Both lenses are set a half inch into the outer tube. There is threading just before the lenses on both sides so I don't think the screws are holding it in there but the whole unit has been screwed in there. It doesn't look like it's meant to be screwed out easily enough.

Advertisement