Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zeroing Scope on AUG A1

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I beleive there is no way of removing the CA one in a way that you can re-insert it. I asked before in case the lens was damaged by a BB and was told the only solution was a new top receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The third large non adjusting nut on the scope holds in the lens assembly so I'm told based on real steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Motosam wrote: »
    The third large non adjusting nut on the scope holds in the lens assembly so I'm told based on real steel.
    Yep. Somebody said that if you loosened it the whole thing would just come apart. I'll see if i can dig up the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

did u try use the small silver allen key hidden in the packaging just sorted the brother in laws jg Aug scope using it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Jay TLR

Yes, made no difference to mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Gatling wrote: »
    did u try use the small silver allen key hidden in the packaging just sorted the brother in laws jg Aug scope using it

Interesting, so you were able to zero in that AUG with no problem? Where did he get that AUG?

I've been looking all over the net and I cant seem to find any issues with the scope, no one has reported that it cant be adjusted.

Jay, did you get the problem sorted? If not I found what the problem was on my one anyway, appears to be a case of someone on the assembly line not knowing what they were doing :rolleyes:.

Gimme a shout if your still stuck.

Mines still the same. I'd love to know how you sorted it...

Jay, remove that third nut (the one not used for adjusting the sight), dont worry, your sight wont fall apart or anything. When you remove that you will find a spring and a metal cap (this spring should put pressure on the inner tube allowing for horizontal and vertical movement.

When I removed that nut, I found that whoever had assembled the gun must have put that nut and spring in first, then when the gun was laying on its side they slid the inner tube in, which in turn 'pinched' the spring and bent it a little so that it wasnt putting any pressure on the inner tube :rolleyes:

I removed the spring, flipped it around, put it back into the nut and put the metal cap ON TOP of the spring! (I found with mine that the metal cap was in the nut, serving no purpose whatsoever. Then pop the whole lot back into the gun.

This will make a lot more sense when you remove that nut! I did it with mine and have just come in from zero'ing my AUG and its working fine now ;)

Same on mine mate. I took the nut off and the spring was caught over to top of the inner tube. Freed it and I'm going to try to zero it tomorrow but that definitely looks like the problem. Thanks for that...

• Advertisement
Advertisement