Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Email

Options
  • 07-12-2007 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Can anyone get in to the web-based student email? mail2web.com isn't working either.

P-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Its not working, its a joke, the night before exams start. Im sure loads are wanting to look in public folders but are being let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No access in, no access out (can't get on the internet from my office in UL, seemed to go down at about half eight), nothing doing on getting in from home either. The main UL webpage is working from outside (and judging by the IP address I assume that's locally hosted), that seems to be about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Should be working again now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Can anyone get in to the web-based student email? mail2web.com isn't working either.
    P-

Ah network down time a pox on thee.....https://exchstudent1.ul.ie/exchange to get access to your UL email from the outside world. This is an Outlook web interface to your account. You can also set up IMAP access to your account aswell but I'm too lazy to explain how to do this and I'm also a bit drunk aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

rmacm wrote: »
    .....https://exchstudent1.ul.ie/exchange to get access to your UL email from the outside world.

It's down at the mo (and has been a fair bit this semester, iirc).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

It's down at the mo (and has been a fair bit this semester, iirc).

I've noticed this myself aswell since the summer....was just pointing out that it's slightly easier to use than mail2web. Exchange and the Outlook web interface and the Outlook client is a bit of a pox imho (granted when it works it works well).

The above comments are in regard to forced upgrades and MS Exchanges lack of interoperability with clients other than Outlook

rmacm wrote: »
    I've noticed this myself aswell since the summer....was just pointing out that it's slightly easier to use than mail2web. *mumbo jumbo computery jargon here* is a bit of a pox imho (granted when it works it works well).

The above comments are in regard to more mumbo jumboy stuff and computery stuff

*Nods*

I agree entirely with what you are saying. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

major fault with networks by the look of it Friday evening as you couldnt even log into the computers unless you were already logged in .. madness .. web mail has gone down nearly every weekend throughout the semester is riduculas

Nutty wrote: »
    web mail has gone down nearly every weekend throughout the semester is riduculas

+1

Also, I was in the library on Saturday after my 9am exam to return books and check out different ones. The whole library system was still down then: couldn't check the catalogue to find out where those books were located. I got one from short-loans: she wrote down my ID number and the bar code.

In all fairness, this is getting absurd. It's bad enough that ITD guarantees the system to crash around results time, but for it to go when it's literally vital for our education at exam time is despicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I just logged into the exchstudent1 and sent a mail a second ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

ya its been back up today i presume for once ITD came in and had to work over the weekend.. had a few mates there on co-op and by the sound of it the ITD and the laziest ****ers and know damn all...

Advertisement