Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toy rant

Options
  • 07-12-2007 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

have spent about 200 quid on crap from smyths and other toy shops and al of it now broke or in pieces.

i need a decent die cast "toy" for xmas and not a figure you dont play with, is there any high quality toys about in ireland?

havent gone to forbidden planet yet was hoping to avoid town :(

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Model Mania on Crow street should have some good stuff.
    Stay away from the titianium Line if you want to have some Solid toys. They are very Fragile and tend to come appart easy.

http://myspace.com/modelmaniacs
    Check here to see if they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I see they have Masterpiece Starscream on display in the window of Modelmania at the moment... very tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Would be very tempting if I didn't already have the Other one.
    But it's a lovely repaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

xanthor wrote: »
    Which toys were broken, and *who* broke them?

I'll assume they are recently released Transformers.(?)

TFs are pretty study these days. Without any further information, it sounds like the problem is the person the toys were given to, not the toys themselves.

Whatever the solution is, (if there is one) i doubt it can be found in Forbidden Planet, or Modelmania. I'm also sceptical that a diecast toy will solve the issue.

If you could explain the problem in more detail, we may be able to answer your question more accurately.

Yeah, I tend to agree. My kids (all quite young) have TFs and they can fairly knock them around, and they are for the most part still in one piece. If anything, I'd be very reluctant to give them Die-cast stuff as its more likely to do them damage than anything else.

And maybe if you spent all that money on someting that broke so easily, you could ask for your money back? After all, toys are supposed to be designed to take a certain amount of punishment...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

get em softimus and slumblebee :P

Advertisement