Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fenders Bendered

Options
  • 07-12-2007 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

What is with ppl in this country??:mad:I'll explain......

About 2 months ago parked outside my girlfriends house an "old dear" reversed into me then drove off, caught her but only thanks to the neighbour who saw her speeding off down the road. New back bumper 1200.

3 days ago come out to the car from the shopping centre and behold a nice big dent and quite alot of paint from the offenders car on the passengers front wing..............of course no note left..........another drive off. I'm gutted, didnt get a quote yet but it'll be big. Went back into the shopping centre and security couldnt see anything on the camera or so they said.

Then only a few hours later,parked in malahide, walking down the road and see someone reverse into a car then drive off! I was so annoyed, so i took the bit of the reg i saw and gave it to the garda.......that'll teach'em!

Killian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

i work in a shopping complex....shopping trolleys and women/kids opening doors are what really pisses me off, hitting my car with theeir piece of ****.
    old dears are the worst sly sly bitches, poor drivers, they really are worse that L drivers, i reckon take them and their feckin micras off the road and it will be a happier place to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

kona wrote: »
    i work in a shopping complex....shopping trolleys and women/kids opening doors are what really pisses me off, hitting my car with theeir piece of ****.
    old dears are the worst sly sly bitches, poor drivers, they really are worse that L drivers, i reckon take them and their feckin micras off the road and it will be a happier place to drive

Dont forget the starlets! :rolleyes:
    Im so annoyed for you OP! I was involved in a head on hit and run, in the middle of a town, in broad daylight, with witnesses and it took the Gardai 15 mins to arrive (about 400metres from the station). Got it sorted because one of the witnesses knew the car, about 2k damage to my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

ImaBM-Man, report the "Criminal Damage" to your own car from the shopping centre to the Gardai. They can take a paint scraping and have it analysed, find out the type of car ot came from, and then catch CCTV for cars like it around the time you arrived to the time you left. It's relatively simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

ImaBM-Man, report the "Criminal Damage" to your own car from the shopping centre to the Gardai. They can take a paint scraping and have it analysed, find out the type of car ot came from, and then catch CCTV for cars like it around the time you arrived to the time you left. It's relatively simple.

yeh, it might be too late now as the paint is gone off but they can use chromotragpy or some spelling like that and see what type of car it came from, that whould be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There's usually some paint stuck into the scrape, so you might get lucky. It's also going to depend on how motivated the Gardai are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ImaBM-man

There's usually some paint stuck into the scrape, so you might get lucky. It's also going to depend on how motivated the Gardai are.

There is quite alot of paint still on my car, a nice red i believe! Think i should go and report it,there isnt much to lose!! Its just so annoying!! The old dear in question was driving a fiesta and from looking at it it was already in bits..........clearly not a good driver..........take em off the road!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well I have a good story to add to this. I was in Kilkenny city yesterday stopped at trafic lights and someone came around a corner and hit my bumper. We both stepped out of our cars and I told him how much € of damage he had done. He handed it over and the whole thing was sorted in about 1 minute. So there are some decent people out there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Where I work, we have 8 parking spots directly outside the front door (which cost quite a lot from the landlord). Anyhow they are very clearly marked private but does that stop people parking there? Not a chance! Furthermore, all of our cars have door dents caused by these people.
    To make a generalisation, most Irish people don't give a toss about anyone elses car!
    You are watching too much CSI! If you walked into a garda station and asked them to analyse paint scrapings you would be told where to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

kbannon wrote: »
    Where I work, we have 8 parking spots directly outside the front door (which cost quite a lot from the landlord). Anyhow they are very clearly marked private but does that stop people parking there? Not a chance! Furthermore, all of our cars have door dents caused by these people.
    To make a generalisation, most Irish people don't give a toss about anyone elses car!

You are watching too much CSI! If you walked into a garda station and asked them to analyse paint scrapings you would be told where to go!

Exactly - no way they'd be arsed to do this.

Advertisement