Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skirt Too Short?!

• 07-12-2007 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭

Heya!!

Anybody ever heard of that rule where if you wear a short skirt you shouldn't wear any kind of low cut or revealing tops?? Well I'm nnot usually a fan of short skirts but I seen a lovely one the other day and couldn't resist. Only thing is when I got home I realised how short it is. It's about half way down my thigh (prob nearest kneelenght really but still a lil short). It's really nice but I'm just a bit scared it'll look too trampy!! :o My top has long sleeves and shows no cleavage and I intend on wearing the skirt with knee high boots.

Do you guys think this will be okay to wear to my xmas party?? I'm just not used to wearing anything that doesn't come just above the knee and while this skirt isn't exceptionally short I still feel a lil paranoid...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

It can always seem daunting wearing a skirt - particularly a short one - if you're not used to bearing your legs. But you seem to be conscious of the good rule that argues that 'something concealing should be worn with something revealing', so as long as that's obeyed you're fine! Go for it and enjoy! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Go for it.

It won't look trampy at all, esp with a long sleeve top and boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

sounds like it'll look more classy than trampy with the long sleeves and boots, wear heavieish tights if you're too conscious of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Kool thanks guys. I can't really wear tights with it, I've thought about it but it just wouldn't suit it at all. It's not really that style. But like you say bluedolphin if I stick to the rule I should be ok. I'm just a lil conscious coz I'm sure you girlies have seen some people out before wearing skimpy clothes. Sometimes I think it can look trashy and I just want to avoid that easy look. The clothes all go well together and I've got a corset belt to wear too so I'm hoping it'll look more classy/vampy than slutty/trampy!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

A nice stocking and suspender set would round off that outfit of in my opinion,not red though,black would be best.

• Advertisement

..... Haven't you read a word I've written??? I need to look classy NOT easy... :D

Not that stockings look bad, in fact they're great when worn correctly and NOT at my work xmas party!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

No skirt is ever too short:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

eh pics...?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

This one thread has brought the fashion & appearance forum to the attention of so many male posters.

Now, i'm off to search the forum for lingerie threads :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

fatal wrote: »

LOL! :D

I was waiting for some lad to say that.... :D

• Advertisement

.... Really???!!! :eek:
    woooo232 wrote: »
    eh pics...?:D
    ...eh no! Hahaha...:o
    This one thread has brought the fashion & appearance forum to the attention of so many male posters.

Erm... thanks... I think?!

Thanks for the advice ladies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I couldn't agree with the man more.

I speak for the majority of men then:D
    Ladies.....take note,that should help you decide what to wear *wink wink*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

The way you're planning to wear it sounds just fine...you're not looking to trash it up any more so im sure it'll look lovely. Have a fun party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I speak for the majority of men then:D
    Ladies.....take note,that should help you decide what to wear *wink wink*
    Keep your voice down, the fat ones might hear!

JC 2K3 wrote: »

O.................................................
    Thats harsh.....................................................but true:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

The 'rule' is not to bare 2 areas of your body at the same time i.e. a short skirt with no tight with a low cut sleeveless top. As the others said if you are worried wear tights. Or alternatively wear with some boots, no tights and a top that does reveal too much. at the end of the day its not what someone wears but what they do that gives them the tramp name tag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP, is it a greyhound skirt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

I couldn't possibly comment until i've seen the offender in question!:)

Wear whatever makes you feel happy & confident.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Wouldn't wear knee high boots with a short skirt tbh. It's a bit "school disco" and the knee highs will draw attention to the fact that the skirt is short.
    I think you should wear heels or else wear the boots with dark tights.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote: »

Hahaha....... Fuuny!
    OP, is it a greyhound skirt?

Erm... no???!! WTF?? haha..
    hottstuff wrote: »
    I couldn't possibly comment until i've seen the offender in question!:)

Wear whatever makes you feel happy & confident.:cool:

Haha thanks!

Yeah but its too late now, I've already worn it! Nobody said I looked like a schoolgirl but I was very conscious of whether I looked like a wh*re or not?! :o I got lotsa compliments so it can't have been THAT bad!! Haha..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

MizzLolly wrote: »

Haha thanks!

Yeah but its too late now, I've already worn it! Nobody said I looked like a schoolgirl but I was very conscious of whether I looked like a wh*re or not?! :o I got lotsa compliments so it can't have been THAT bad!! Haha..

Result!! ;)

Thanks everyone! Thhe cocktails were good, good, good! *hiccup*

:D

Advertisement