Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom 720 and Nokia E65 Text Messages

Options
  • 07-12-2007 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

All,

I have a Tom Tom 720 and I have connected it to a new Nokia E65. The Phone and Data works OK. The thing that doesnt work is the text messages. It doesnt send or receive messages to the tom tom.

I have tried this with a a Nokia 2630i before getting the E65 and the text message system worked perfectly even reading the messages.
    I know that the phone is not on the tom tom 720 compatibility list but I assumed that Nokia would have at least all the general features in data and bluetooth etc in the new phones as were in the older phones.

Do any one have any update on this issue. Is it a nokia issue, bluetooth issue, firmware issue or what.

This now along with the poor tele atlas maps for Ireland on the tom tom 720lead me to believe that the new one is not always as good as the old one or new products would have the best of the old product with extra or improved features. Maps excluded I do think the 720 is a massive improvement on my old tom tom one and the features work ok to.

D

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Have you updated your 720 via HOME to NavCore-version: 7.221 (build 8572) , This might help .

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Sharkman,

Did the update any way but I think the problem is the bluethooth setup used on the phone as it wont upload the address book from the e65 to my parrot ck3100 car kit either. A basic nokia 6230i does all these thingss perfectly.

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

This is down to not having one set of standard bluetooth profiles.

For some reason if I use a Nokia 6230i with a Tomtom Go 910 or Garmin Nuvi 660 FM, it has full phone and sms support (even reads the messages out on the garmin)

But it seems these profiles (whatever they maybe) are few and far between so very few phones support them especially newer ones.

So as SMS is not a function they will be supported for everyone :(

Advertisement