Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom one v3

Options
  • 07-12-2007 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I have been thinking for a while of buying a satnav system. A friend has the TomTome One v2 and loves it and he pointed me in the direction of the One v3 which is interesting as it seems to have a lot of additional features, map share etc. However I have been somewhat put off by the critical comment on the Tele Atlas maps used in the TomTom. Any suggestions as to alternatives as close in features as possible to the One v3?

Thanks.
    Mossie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

You say the V3 has a lot of additional features like mapshare. I had a V3 and then noticed it didn't have a SD card slot, so I got the V2. You can't add maps as easily with the V3 because of the internal memory (1Gb). While the V2 can support upto 4Gb SD cards. (e.g. Maps for the USA are 960Mb). The V2 also has intinerary planning, bluetooth, buddies which the V3 doesn't. The maps issue you mentioned I don't think is a huge as issue as its 6:1 half a dozen which is better. As alternatives, the Garmin 250 seems to have good reviews, it mostly depends and which you find easier to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mossie

Thanks for the reply. I have since ordered a TT Go 720 as it has some features I wanted, handsfree etc. Basically new to GPS and wanted to get a decent model first time.

Advertisement