Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish tape

Options
  • 07-12-2007 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hey, im terrible at irish tape so I'm wondering is there anything I can upload onto my ipod that I can listen to in my spare time to improve.

For example maybe somebody knows some good irish tutorial Cds or anything i can put on my ipod at all that is as gaeilge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I used to listen to An tImeall, it's an Irish language podcast you can subscribe to. Tis discountinued now but you can listen to the old ones.

Also you can listen to Raidio na Gaeltachta or Raidio na Life online (or via radio depending on location).

There were "Teach Yourself Irish" CDs in some newspaper a while back which could be handy.. though tbh I gave them a listen and they were extremely basic. But still, everything helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

Thanks for the help.

About 'An tImeall' can I download this onto my computer and upload the old podcasts onto my zen (I know I said iPod but i meant mp3 player)?

The podcasts come in mp3 format, so yeah, it'd be the same as putting music onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deelizious

Just listening to your cd that comes with exam paper is useful. It helps tune your ear to the accents and speed. The more you listen to Irish the easier it will be. Apart from listening to Gaeilge when you are doing tape exams make sure you understand the question words. Also if you'er not too sure about spelling write it down what you hear Irish phonetics. They are very generous with the marks particularly for Ordinary level.

The podcasts come in mp3 format, so yeah, it'd be the same as putting music onto it.

Great!
    deelizious wrote: »
    Just listening to your cd that comes with exam paper is useful. It helps tune your ear to the accents and speed. The more you listen to Irish the easier it will be. Apart from listening to Gaeilge when you are doing tape exams make sure you understand the question words. Also if you'er not too sure about spelling write it down what you hear Irish phonetics. They are very generous with the marks particularly for Ordinary level.

K, thanks

• Advertisement

I used to listen to An tImeall, it's an Irish language podcast you can subscribe to. Tis discountinued now but you can listen to the old ones.

Also you can listen to Raidio na Gaeltachta or Raidio na Life online (or via radio depending on location).

There were "Teach Yourself Irish" CDs in some newspaper a while back which could be handy.. though tbh I gave them a listen and they were extremely basic. But still, everything helps.

clicked on 'an tImeall' where exactly on the oage is the download link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

I used to find tape work very hard for irish but listening to the cd that came with the exam papers helped alot for me.

Just underneath the lurid green writing there's a button that says "mp3podcast", if you right click it and save it that should give you it.

Just underneath the lurid green writing there's a button that says "mp3podcast", if you right click it and save it that should give you it.

Got it!

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement