Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pizza N Cream

Options
  • 07-12-2007 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Got a flyer in the door to-day for new Pizza's 'N Cream promoting Bray and the new restaurant in Eden Gate, so rang them for a pizza to find an answering machine that is full, so tried a good few times later - to no avail. Then, decided to ring Bray to check it out - they told me that "they had opened in Eden Gate on Wednesday last; and they must be just too busy to answer the phone there!!" So, "pizza craving" now in hand, I decided to drive up there now to find a note on their door "Opens Sat at 5pm"!! So, home to some freezer food instead!!! Wish they'd inform their staff in Bray though!!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

think thats bad, I rang and reserved a table for me, wife and 2 kids. The girl seemed a bit bemused that I wanted to book a table. We arrived at the "restaurant" and looked in the window to see what looked like a waiting room with a few tables and chairs in it... we decided to go hungry.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

:confused:that is a shame, suppose they are only getting started so need a while to get their feet, but it can be so frustrating. Hopefully, things will get better from here! Has such a name in Bray and so many years of a following, I imagine lots of people in Greystones would be looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

eh, I don't care much for their pizzas...very salty base...salty in general, also they're a bit pricey...I know it's the 'more affluent than Greystones' Delgany address but come on, €17 for a basic size pizza with 3 toppings. They're laughing at us cause we haven't a clue about the value of money here!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Ha! I can go one better! Had pizza cravings last so since I'm a fan of their place in Bray thought I'd ring for a delivery. I was informed that their "delivery service is unavailable until Dec 12th".

So naturally I asked if we could come up and collect out order instead, only to be told that their "collection service is unavailable until Dec 19th":confused::confused:

Why bother sending us the flyer yet then?! That's just teasing! Godfathers saved the day anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

I had a bad experience with the Bray outlet last week, they placed us by the rear entrance then the Manager moved us mid-meal reading the riot act. I was not impressed! There was also flyers around the table about the new place in Charlesland yes Charlesland now open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I too tried to order on Friday only to get the full answering machine. Instead I ordered from Diva and it was really nice - much better than godfathers...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

loyatemu wrote: »
    I too tried to order on Friday only to get the full answering machine. Instead I ordered from Diva and it was really nice - much better than godfathers...

They give something like 20% off the restaurant prices for takeaways so you get a bigger, nicer,fresher pizza which is prepared by a chef for the same price if not less than Godfathers, who are a rip off anyway. Look at the meal deals and break down the prices, you actually end up paying more, I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I went to have a nose.
    I rang and reserved a table for me, wife and 2 kids. The girl seemed a bit bemused that I wanted to book a table. We arrived at the "restaurant" and looked in the window to see what looked like a waiting room with a few tables and chairs in it... we decided to go hungry.

That made me laugh! Going from the flyer you would think it has a restaurant. Imagine if you'd organised a sitter and had told your wife you were taking her out for a meal. Divorce I think would be coming very soon! It's like a kebab shop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Pizza n' Cream ya either love it or hate it, i personally hate it too overpriced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭damianmckeever

Yeah it's defo better pizza's than anywhere else but they do charge a hell of a lot for them, and I'm not sure it's worth the difference.

• Advertisement

I got a take away tonight, big que, must say I was very disappointed mainly with the food but also the service...so hopefully just teething problems.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

We got a pizza there last night after waiting a long time, the ovens are too slow,the staff are not trained.and the pizzas are not cooked well enough.will wait awhile before going back.:mad:
    Bido

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

I agree, the pizzas aren't as good as they've been hyped up. They go massively overboard with the toppings and it almost ruins the pizza.
    I wouldn't go for the garlic mushrooms again. You get a tray with mushrooms and garlic butter over them. Ok I know, thats what garlic mushrooms are! But you'd expect they'd be breaded or battered. They were slimy and not very good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Anyone got a pizza lately ? have they improved ?

Bido;)

bido wrote: »
    Anyone got a pizza lately ? have they improved ?

Bido;)
    Bido, was wondering that myself, haven't wanted to chance it since the last time...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Tried to get one delivered over the weekend, but the service is still not up and running!

Was going to give it another go as the first time was only OK and I thought it would be better

Advertisement