Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hornswaggle

• 08-12-2007 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

What the hell is WWE becoming? This little ratings killer is not now only a prominant fixture on RAW but he his the centrepiece on Smackdown too. Are they trying to scare viewers away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Gotta say, any other week I'd have agreed with you but in all fairness, it was very nice to see the APA back. Rumour has it he's booked HeadCheese for the 3 hour special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I would be willing to put up with 10 minutes of Hornswoggle if it means I'll get 110 minutes on Sensical, Entertaining booking.

And yes, seeing the APA back again was very cool indeed. Get him to keep spending his Fathers money on Protection from once off returning stars or something, that'd be deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I don't even want to comment on Hornswoogle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Hornswaggle is cool, but id rather watch the Divas....Michele McCool floats my boat as does Kelly Kelly...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

hornswoggle is funny at times. the promo a few weeks ago with dx, boogeyman and khali is an example.
    but sometimes it just borders on the ridiculous. carlito chasing him and him jumping "through a wall" was just too much and was just like a kids tv show

• Advertisement

hornswoggle is funny at times.

Name one funny segment he was in, other than the DX one, which wasn't even funny. Even if it was, I'm sure DX were the funny ones, no doubt making some hilarious Cock jokes and the likes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

hornswoggle is funny at times. the promo a few weeks ago with dx, boogeyman and khali is an example.
    but sometimes it just borders on the ridiculous. carlito chasing him and him jumping "through a wall" was just too much and was just like a kids tv show

Thats when I turned off. No more needs to be said about that moment, it was simply astonishing that they would put that on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

2qk4u wrote: »
    Hornswaggle is cool, but id rather watch the Divas....Michele McCool floats my boat as does Kelly Kelly...:eek:

ewww to the both of them.

Hornswoggle does my head in. Ithought edge and Jericho back would have me watchin again but i think im at the end of me watching wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Dean820 wrote: »
    I don't even want to comment on Hornswoogle.

Agreed, barely watch wrestling as it is but seeing that tripe I'm glad that I'm not as hooked as I used to be. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The only reason hes had so much air time is because of the Vince been his Dad angle.
    The original plan was to have kennedy as Vinces son but he failed the wellness programme/steroid tests so got suspended for a while because of it hence hornswoggle gets a bit of a push.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'm enjoying the hornswoggle angle ... it's a bit of fun.

Still waiting to hear one funny segment he's been in......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

well i thought this one was funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xByTPXlfE4Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I think Hornswoggle promos aren't funny in themselves but I like how every week he comes up with a plan to get out of a sticky predicament ie Finlay,APA and changing matches under the Mr McMahon name.

I think these skits etc are now giving Finlay the rub.I'm not completely convinced on Finlays face turn yet but I can see it working out.Another few weeks of Finlay fighting some heels and a win over Khali at Armageddon would be a huge push.I'd like to see Finlay v MVP at mania for the US Championship.

The bits with Noble were brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't dislike Hornswoggle as much as some although I can understand how some could find him irritating. The only bit involving him which I really liked was from earlier in the year when he did something with Boogeyman. Can't recall it exactly but it was probably the first time he got involved physically and I remember him pulling up his sleeves like an Irish guy. :)

Don't expect the 'Horny' push to last too long. To me he's 2007's Eugene. A mid-carder riding on the wave of popularity. If you remember back to Eugene, he was booed unmercifully at Summerslam 2004 in Toronto and that was the end of his push. When the WWE go somewhere like Toronto they will loudly reject the guy and that will be it. Trust me.

So just wait till they go to Chicago or Canada so less gullible people will show the WWE up? Sounds too easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hornswoggle is one of those things about WWE that I just accept. He used to annoy me because I loved Finlay's matches and Hornswoggle would come along and wreck the buzz. Now I'm just indifferent towards him. I think there was definitely potential in having him as Vince's son but they haven't really capitalised on it at all. The skits they've done with him have been mostly poor
    Don't expect the 'Horny' push to last too long. To me he's 2007's Eugene. A mid-carder riding on the wave of popularity. If you remember back to Eugene, he was booed unmercifully at Summerslam 2004 in Toronto and that was the end of his push. When the WWE go somewhere like Toronto they will loudly reject the guy and that will be it. Trust me.

So you don't see any WWE title shots in his future? What if he starts to rival Cena's popularity with the kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote: »
    So you don't see any WWE title shots in his future? What if he starts to rival Cena's popularity with the kids?

I don't see enough long-term appeal in oul' Horny beyond the mid-card level. I think by this time next year he'll be back on SD in some mid-card feud.

I really fear for that little guy actually if they head to a really passionate wrestling city. Especially with it being Raw and them not having the ability to edit the crowd reactions.

Toronto would annihilate the guy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Anyone else think its just a matter of time before Finlay turns on the little bastard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 The Great One

what did i start a fake Kentombomb and now a fake VR! im sorry this wasnt meant.

usually id agree that a turn on Hornswaggle might make sense but first i could see Finley take on Mr McMahon taking issue over his tough love approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Pointless storyline

Advertisement