Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3 Years ago tomorrow......

• 08-12-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Might as well say today......

R.I.P Dime, ,You're still sorely missed to this day by fans everywhere, you were and still are my favourite player of all time.....

What's left inside him?
    Don't he remember us?
    Can't he believe me?
    We seemed like bothers
    Talked for hours last month
    About what we wanna be
    I sit now with his hand in mine
    But I know he can't feel...

No one knows
    What's done is done
    It's as if he were dead

I'm close with his mother
    And she cries endlessly
    Lord how we miss him
    At least what's remembered
    It's so important to make best friends in life
    But it's hard when my friend sits with blank expressions

No one knows
    What's done is done
    It's as if he were dead

He as hollow as I alone now
    He as hollow as I alone
    A shell of my friend
    Just flesh and bone
    There's no soul
    He sees no love
    I shake my fists at skies above
    Mad at God

He as hollow as I converse
    I wish he'd waken from this curse
    Hear my words before it's through
    I want to come in after you
    My best friend

He as hollow as I alone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well said man. I still remember getting word of his death and I was just stunned when I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Im not a fan of Dimebag, or Pantera, or even this type of music but one of my best friends is. I remember checking up the entertainment section of teletext and seeing the news. My friend was obsessed with Dimebag so ringing him up and telling him was pretty tough. Ill never forget his disbelief.

R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

R.i.p. Dime Lets remember the good times I love the way he nails the solo in this:D
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=LTR-tePa0Bg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,893 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

3 years ago already? F*ck me time flies. Like Archimedes I'm by no means a fan of the music but I take an interest in music news and this shocked me no end. I sympatise with all the fans for his loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alcoholocaust

Miss him like mad.
    Actually been crying since last night. RIP bro, we'll always miss ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Dime won't be forgotten, the scum that ended his life will be. Think I'll put on Cemetary Gates and remind myself of what was taken from us. RIP Dime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alcoholocaust

Not in a million years he won't be. Been lighting candles and listening to Floods all day, he was a beautiful man who didn't deserve what came to him.

"He came to rock...
    And rocked like no other.
    With the heart twice the
    size of Texas, our beloved
    brother, companion, mentor,
    idol, and friend...
    We love you, Dime.
    Until we meet again."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

listening to Floods all day

I hear you bro. He was a genuinely talented man in an industry where sadly that phrase gets bandied about like so muchmarketing hype, in my honest opinion.

R.I.P Dimebag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 boomar

Hear, hear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If I wasn't in an intense rehabilitation programme I'd have had a drink to celbrate his life...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wow three years already! I can remember the sad news like it was yesterday. Amazing talent, taken from us far too soon he was.

R.I.P Dimebag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Remember I was getting a lift to school and I heard on the radio about the shooting at the Damageplan show. Spent the rest of the day worrying whether or not he'd been shot and then found out when I got home. Devestating, he seemed like such a cool guy and no-one should be killed doing what they love to do. :(

Advertisement