Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Doctor

Options
  • 08-12-2007 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccommend a good family doctor in the Knocknacarra area (or within a 2 mile radius)? I'd prefer not to go to a doctor along The Crescent because it's a nighmare for parking, especailly in the pi$$ing rain!). I have two kids and I want to start somewhere fresh as the GP we currently attend is in Oranmore but the traveling is painful, especailly at 5pm on a Friday.

Beggars can't be choosey but I'd prefer a youngish doctor and not someone who is going to retire in a few years. Actually, it would be great to attend a practice that has male and female GPs so that my partner will have a choice.

I recall a simialr thread a few months ago but I am looking for something more specific. I see new signs for doctors surgeries around Salthill but it's a big decision so I want to make a right decision.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

My family went to the doctors in Seacrest for years. We always found them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

dr. heterich has a surgery next to his house on the clybaun road, he also has another(main) surgery on prospect hill he shares with a young female doctor and he deals with a fair bit of families

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mahell

Dr Dan Murphy in Salthill (opposite Seapoint) is fantastic. Very approachable and friendly fella and I think there's a female doctor working there a few days a week also.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

Dr. Larkin on the Ballymoneen Rd. is a good doctor, and I think he has a female doctor there on Wednesdays or something. I'd say he's only in his 40's..

Advertisement