Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband-Nothing but problems!

Options
  • 08-12-2007 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Okay,here's the deal:
    I have a DM111P ADSL Modem for my DSL connection.I used the installation CD,and it said something like "Mhstate.nf not found" or something along those lines,this was a good long time ago.

Anyway I went to 192.168.0.1 and set it up my self.It worked fine.But now sometimes when I turn the modem on Two things can happen:

1.All the lights go on,and the internet works for a few minutes and then stops.The only way I get it working is leaving for up to an hour.

2.The Power light is solid,ethernet is flashing.The ADSL flashes and goes solid,but after a few seconds starts flashing again.Or sometime the ADSL goes solid,INternet goes solid,then the Internet light goes off and ADSL flashes.

I'm wondering a few things,what's wrong with my internet?Is it my Broadband line,ISP ,Modem or my Comp?
    Will a new modem fix the problem?
    And does anyone know exactly what the problem is?Overheating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Try updating firmware, I had to return 2 of these modems to supplier due to overheating, well documented on broadbandbuyer.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Get a Linksys or Netgear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

watty wrote: »
    Get a Linksys or Netgear.

DM111P is a Netgear adsl modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭moynihan

That Mhstate.inf is a known issue. Trivial to fix for support. Give em a call on 1890 56 44 56. They're in on Saturdays. Alternatively log in to the modem directly (put 192.168.0.1 into a web browser, it gives you a web interface and you can configure it manually).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

A different one then. :0

• Advertisement
Advertisement