Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's Kilnamanagh like?

• 08-12-2007 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Guys can anyone tell what this place is like (Kilnamanagh).All I know is its in Tallaght which is a big place.A cousin of mine is moving there in the New Year and she is anxious about it.A few people filled her head up with ****e about how rough Tallaght is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Kilnamanagh is fine, few friends and relatives of mine live there and never have any trouble from anyone. its a private estate (i think it was the largest private estate in europe for some time) has its own shopping centre with a dunnes etc etc. It has no pub, but the cuckoo's nest tends to be the local for most people and its just across the road from the community centre. Trust me there are a lot worse estates in Tallaght and other parts of dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Kilnamanagh is grand. I live down the road and know a few people who live there. As above, worse places around. There is also the clock tower pub which is close by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Hey, tell her not to worry about it. Kilnamanagh is a decent area. The rougher areas are up the other end of Tallaght so it's all good. Actually, someone mentioned The Clock Tower but it's a hole, The Cuckoos Nest is a far nicer spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Kilnamanagh is nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Its a lovely spot - can ya tell i'm bias!!!:D

Handy to get into town with the luas or buses. Square only minutes away, good bit of stuff to do near there ie restaurants, bars, clubs.
    Schools in the area are good though sadly numbers getting smaller - so bring ur kids! :p

Honestly its not a bad spot and after 20 odd years here, i ain't seen any trouble. hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i grew up in tallaght when i was a youngster and have friends who still live there. Its a grand estate. There is a primary school there, shopping centre (dunnes etc), community centre, luas on your doorstep etc. Was never a fan of the cuckoo's nest but its grand, no trouble there.

also kilnamanagh is just the periphery of tallaght, so its not that close to the rougher areas.

Advertisement