Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Christmas Party Memory Ever

Options
  • 08-12-2007 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Yes, 'tis that time of year, and i've just had mine - nine <<company>> employee's out on the lock (small regional chain store)... great oul session. Time to reminisce; what is/was your greatest Work Christmas Party Memory ever?

**Note: Company anonymity at the highest regard please!**

Mine would be tonight, were I danced like a hero (yeah) and also fell on the dancefloor, cutting my wrist on an unattended glass... many washes and applications of Sudocrem later... YEAH!!!

(note all was ok in the end, was just a nick really).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Hmm, I've been to some massively varied ones - I've been to several elaborate ones for giant/wealthy companies that rented out museums or city hall. Only once when I actually worked for one though, the rest of the time I'd crash a random company party - when they are like 1000+ people, they don't notice. It was a fav holiday tradition.

When I worked for a charity, they were generally some food and a bunch of beer in the office (except for the one time it was canceled due to lack of funds, so we all went to a Karaoke bar instead). Went to a nice restaurant and pub crawl about 2 weeks ago here.

They've all been a blast and I've been a absolute fool at almost every one (ie ive only done karoke once in my life). Free alcohol + co-workers = apologies the next day. Or maybe just that the same BS that's a laugh with my mates is a lot worse in front of your boss. Luckily, never the only one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Last year was fairly awesome, the company booked the function room of the Grand Meyrick (or whatever it's called)
    Free bar for an hour at the start got myself and a mate nicely warmed up, then as much free wine as I could drink during dinner, followed by making a total ass of myself on the dancefloor:p

Feckers are having the party in London this year though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Last year. Free drink. All night from 4.30. Ran out of funds at 1.30 in the morning. €1,500 spent. Party on at 2.30 today. Gentlemen start your engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A few years ago the boss held the xmas party in his house with free booze all night. I went for a piss upstairs but then I got the ol gawk's, of course the jacks where occupied (by someone spewing) so I went to the nearest room and spewed out the window. It wasn't the only spewing I did that night I also went out the back and spewed on the neighbours cat. Luckily the blame got aimed everywhere because everyone was so drunk no one could say for sure they didn't do it.

The funniest was the front of the house the next morning with a big string of spew going from the top window all the way down to the ground. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Classy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Proxy wrote: »
    what is/was your greatest Work Christmas Party Memory ever?

Being dumptackled by you last February.

Advertisement