Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB credit card, how long does it take?

Options
  • 08-12-2007 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I applied online for one of these yesterday, how long til I hear back from them and hopefully get the card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I was a student when I applied on a Wed and got it the next Mon or something!

If you really don't like waiting try MBNA .. they don't even need you to sign anything or send in any forms! (generally ..)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

LuckyStar wrote: »
    I applied online for one of these yesterday, how long til I hear back from them and hopefully get the card?

They usually give approval within 2/3 working days, another week to get the card and pin.

cazzy wrote: »
    All banks have to legally require your signature and adherence with money laundering criteria which means you have to send in proof of identification and proof of ID (unless you have an account already with these two items on file in last few years).

MBNA cant send out a card to an ROI address without these on file.
    Well then they're breaching it. I know 3 people who have got a card without any documentation provided.

They use the voting register amongst other things available to them to verify your identity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Ring them to see if they need any more details off you.That wil hurry things up as if they start sending you letters it could take another 1 week.

cazzy wrote: »
    You cant use the voting register. Its very strict requriements. Has to be passport/driving licence for proof of ID and utility bill/bank statement/tax form for proof of address. Only exemption is third level students who can use their student ID card if its a CAO college.

I have a MBNA card and I was asked for full documentation.

Look at your form and its in black and white that you have to adhere to this and MBNA are as strict as all the other banks. They are audited just like the other banks and have to have this on file for every customer.

Did you get this card in ROI ???
    Yes, ROI.

• Advertisement

I have 3 credit cards from 3 different companies and had to provide my bank statements for 3 months and a copy of my license.I dont think they send the card out like that anymore,as far as i know its the data law now to get the information

I thought it was odd too. AIB made me provide documents even though I had a current account and loan with them already.

But this happened, to 3 people in the last 2 months!

random wrote: »
    I thought it was odd too. AIB made me provide documents even though I had a current account and loan with them already.

But this happened, to 3 people in the last 2 months!
    They must have different departments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

drdre wrote: »
    as far as i know its the data law now to get the information

Its the Criminal Justice Act 1994.

Under this banks and other financial institutions have to establish ID and address of all customers to make sure they are not opening accounts for laundering money !

They established name and address from the electorial register then ... right? Job done?

• Advertisement

What sort of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ritchiemc102

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

What???

drdre wrote: »
    What???
    I think he's getting mixed up with all the buttons :)

random wrote: »
    I think he's getting mixed up with all the buttons :)
    Thats what i thought, We only have a reply button, whereas other sites have a quick reply button :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ritchiemc102

i got a credit card from mbna without sending any id at all . They said they didnt needed it as they checked the voting register. I got my card in ten days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Got my answer. They have to get paper from the customer and hold it on file for 5 years after the account has closed. Dont know how MBNA can get around this now as they followed it for my credit card.

They also have to get photo ID and somethign showing the date of birth of the customer - neiher of which is on the electoral register !
    The electorial register can be used to verifty address but only with the ID mentioned above as can looking at the telephone book !
    They still have to have something on file from customer.

Ok, but I've done it. It happens. Err... don't wanna argue back and forth over nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

AIB refused me!!! I dont know why, I earn 26K which is more than the minimum and I am about 2K in debt from college which I pay off steadily every week!

Advertisement