Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good quality digital art online

Options
  • 08-12-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm gonna post this in both the Digital Art and photography forums. Hope that's ok...

I have a college assignment due in on Friday (gah!) that I'm struggling with a bit. Here's the brief:

You must collect 10 examples of contemporary digital artwork. They must be both technically and artistically strong. Pick 5 of the 10 images and briefly discuss the following points for each:

Is there commercial motivation? If so, who is the target audience?
    Is it produced for artistic reasons? eg with no commercial restraints or objectives.

You must record your observations and opinions on style and technique.

Ok so I'm strong on opinions on my own photography (I'd like to think :rolleyes:) but I've never studied art or design, and TBH I'm having trouble telling a good image from a bad one. I know I know.. how long is a piece of string... I was hoping you good people would be able to point me in the direction of some decent, well established digital artists' websites. There's soooooo much online I'm feeling swamped. And any other suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

The course itself focusses on Photoshop and Illustrator for producing digital art BTW, but I don't think the brief ties me strictly to either.

Ta muchly

Comments

Advertisement