Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Play.com

• 08-12-2007 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

If I get a phone from play.com locked on vodafone will it work in Ireland? Present for my mother who is on vodafone at moment. Appreciate any help.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If it's locked to Vodafone Ireland then it will work. Being play.com isn't Irish though it's no doubt locked to Vodafone UK or something which will not work unless you get it unlocked. (see the read me faq for links to the unlocking thread)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I don't think Play will ship here anyway (for Gadgets, which I believe phones are under)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What phone were you looking for anyway?
    Try somewhere like www.expansys.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

just on the subject of play.com can anyone tell me why they hike up their prices when u turn it to Euro? I've tried ringing them(the number at bottom of the screen doesn't work, even with the appropriate intl codes) and they don't answer emails.

Play.com - 0044 1534877595

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Im just looking for a flip up phone, like the Motorola V3 or something similar and not expensive. Dont need a camera or mp3 player on it.

O2 have a load of decent phones for less than 80euro, as do Meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PRND

Given that play offer "free" shipping and Euro is not their domestic currency, it is only fair that their Euro prices are higher than their Sterling ones as there is international postage involved.

The Euro is quite strong cv present so it is well worth checking out stores like Amazon which charge sterling and ship to Republic of Ireland.

Advertisement