Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum Lessons

Options
  • 08-12-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

I won't be down till Feb but does anyone know anywhere good for drum lessons? Cork City/Bishopstown area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I know two drummers. One used to get lessons in Pro Musica I think. Another taught himself. Got to be honest and tell you that the one who taught himself is better. The one who got lessons seems to be governed by all the rules he learned, and rarely does anything inventive, just all the same stuff. Whereas the one who taught himself just makes it up as he goes along and sounds fantastic.

But ya, Pro Musica in town I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cian10

This guy is your only man. Oliver, 087-2899726. He's been playing since he was a kid and is UNREAL. He will make a seriously good drummer out of you. I used to go to him myself until I fecked up my legs in a sports injury. He lives in Sundays Well area and has his own acoustic kit to train you on. To be honest he's the first guy in Cork i'd recommend. I've had lessons from various drummers in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Cheers for that. I'll give him a call in the new year, see if we can sort something out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 jayhawk

Peter Byrne

087 211 6857

Highest recommendation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Bosphorus

jayhawk wrote: »
    Peter Byrne

087 211 6857

Highest recommendation...

i have heard great things about peter byrne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

What style of drumming are you hoping to get into? It differs a lot.

Teaching yourself is defo the way to go...no instrument should be bound by rules.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lessons do help you not to pick up a lot of bad habits though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Talking to the grave lads...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement