Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second man dies after Waterford party

• 08-12-2007 2:36pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The death has occurred in Waterford of a man who has been in a coma for a fortnight after taking cocaine at a party.

23-year-old John Grey from Ballybeg in Waterford city died today at Waterford Regional hospital.

And 11.30am, the life support machine for John Grey was turned off and he passed away shortly afterwards with his family at his bedside.

A post mortem examination will now take place and funeral arrangements are being finalised.

Tonight two weeks ago, John Grey went out in Waterford with some friends to celebrate his brother's 21st birthday party.

A large group went back to a house party and some at the party ate damp cocaine.

John Grey and 21-year-old Kevin Doyle collapsed, were rushed to hospital and both went into a coma.

The life support machine for Kevin Doyle was turned off earlier this week and he was buried on Thursday.

Source: RTE News

On the first day of christmas to. May he R.I.P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I know him but haven't seen him in years.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

tragic ,so young as well
    R I P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

My thoughts are with his family and friends. Such a tragedy.

RIP

Advertisement