Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site redesign - Critique request

Options
  • 08-12-2007 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have just completed a major redesign for a site I have been working on and I'd like your opinions on it. This redesign was to facilitate user friendliness and graceful degradation. It now works even when javascript is turned off.

Let me know what you think ?

http://www.latinagirlproductions.com/beta (not live yet)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I have to say I like it, good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Jakkass wrote: »
    I have to say I like it, good job.

+1

great work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

a lot better than your previous version :)

few problems in there

Noscript isn't allowed within the head elements
    link isn't allowed within noscript elements
    You're missing the </a>'s in a few places

things I'd like ...

the logo should really link to the homepage
    when I'm browsing I assume the logo will link back and I assume the home link will be on the left.

apart from that I like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Thanks for the feedback :)

I didn't know that the <noscript> tag wasn't allowed in the <head> section of the site, and that the <noscript> tag couldn't include a link tag. A bit of a silly restriction I think. I'm stuck between two decisions now.
    I can keep the <link> tag in the <noscript> tag so that users who come to the site with javascript disabled can see sections that are otherwise hidden. I think I'll stick with this for now even though it will invalidate the XHTML.

What would you do ?

Advertisement