Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year genetics (BMOL20010)

Options
  • 08-12-2007 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Am I the only one thats absolutely lost:confused:

Really dreading having to sit this exam, there's no way i'll be able to write 3 A4 pages on the long questions, waffle or no waffle!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

lol no you are most certainly not the only one who is lost...........
    Ive spoken to so many people this week who are really not in good shape for it.Theres SO much to learn and once i study one thing really well,i forget the last thing which i studied lol.Its the one exam which i'm DREADING.

It didnt really help either when she removed many of the past papers from the net.Luckily I knew people who had them downloaded before she took them all down.Out of the 40 MCQs on each past paper, I managed to answer a max of something like 15 correctly on any one paper.

Come to think about it,exactly this time next week I will be in the exam hall pulling my hair out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

cheers mate:D be calm....feel free to have me to crush on mars with you...:p

grahhh....those notes are the worst notes on earth!!!

p-nut in 2nd yr science?ha,glad to know that one more boardies around:)

and for that 3pages/500words for EACH essay question...that's just plain illogical!!even if i put the whole explanation from a book,no way to get near 3 pages,max will be 1 and half page,unless you write/draw big writing/diagram...

so i say,just put down everything and stuffs ya know for the damn question.....will be fine....emmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

The Campbell book from 1st year covers it in enough detail to pass and makes the harder stuff MUCH easier to understand because it actually explains what all all those proteins and factors etc are.

ah damn..bit late to be going back to that first year campbell book now...dammit!!!
    im just learning it off from a biochem book....understanding isnt the hard bit,learning it is

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Ah p-nut you know Im Fooked!another 2nd sciencian here

campell and reece is good for the first few lectures, but after that well its just mad......soo much work for so little understanding twould drive you mad, hard to have patience when its like that

check out his last lecture he says if youre able to write essays on four topics you should be alright, so Im just gonna research them for the next week, the lectures slides are just terrible though just randomn words and diagrams that take half a year to decipher

Heres hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

yeah i've been slowly making my way thru all the stuff in that biology book aswel, think i just left it a bit too late:rolleyes:

and @fatal, would be great if ye could sort me out with some of the other papers:D...although do ye think the one she did give us has a good chance of being fairly similar to the actual test??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

Ah here....don't be complaining. BMOL is the easiest module I have this semester so count yourself lucky...

CrazyPolly wrote: »
    Ah here....don't be complaining. BMOL is the easiest module I have this semester so count yourself lucky...

to ease our pain,do tell your nightmare/s!:D

ooohh that must be a right stinger hehe

Stinger is not the word...

I've a couple of modules with medicine students, gastrointestinal tract physiology and mechanisms of disease, a 3rd science cardiophysiology one...and frigging biostatistics. Is anyone else doing that one? You think BMOL lecture notes are a joke? My god....biostats are farcical!

It's my own fault though...I should have picked an easier course...

• Advertisement

I've a couple of modules with medicine students, gastrointestinal tract physiology and mechanisms of disease, a 3rd science cardiophysiology one...and frigging biostatistics. Is anyone else doing that one? You think BMOL lecture notes are a joke? My god....biostats are farcical!

ah it will be worth it...i hope.

thats what i keep trying to tell myself anyway:rolleyes:

mate,are you doing biomedical?:pheard me a friend doing biomed and she has that nasty boring biostat too:p and a 3rd science subject?are you in 3rd yr or doing that as an elective...?:confused:if that's your elective...goodluck to ya...must be tough to do them all in such a short time:cool:

blame the modularization!!

mate,are you doing biomedical?tongue.gifheard me a friend doing biomed and she has that nasty boring biostat tootongue.gif and a 3rd science subject?are you in 3rd yr or doing that as an elective...?confused.gifif that's your elective...goodluck to ya...must be tough to do them all in such a short timecool.gif

Yup...I am indeedy. Who do you know? There's only 8 of us so I'll know her...
    Nah I'm in 2nd year...we just have 3rd year modules...the bastards.
    ah it will be worth it...i hope.

thats what i keep trying to tell myself anywayrolleyes.gif Today 20:19

Not if you fail darling!

By the way...is anyone else not using a textbook for studying? All I'm using is the stuff on blackboard. The genetics and biochem books have far too much excess crap.....

Not if you fail darling!

By the way...is anyone else not using a textbook for studying? All I'm using is the stuff on blackboard. The genetics and biochem books have far too much excess crap.....

yeah i've found the campbell and reece biology book is fairly good for the genetics, explains everything in much simpler terms:cool:

Not if you fail darling!

jaysus...2nd yr with 3rd yr module...;)you should see that's coming early enough then...i feel so lucky now:D

i am indeed using printed notes holding in hand study:D have campbell bio and grisham's boichem,do i bother to look at them near exams?no...i dont need extra pressure...cause' you wont be able to eat them all(that make me feel insecure)...too much stuffs we dont need...

p/s:i actually know 2 girls doing biomed,they are in my Pharm practical lab on tuesday:Ddidnt talk much to them tho...they are sitting beside me and Fatal!wonder if you are one of them?lol

Anyway..............................back to bmol!!!
    It seems as though she has put one past exam paper back on blackboard.Is it the other which you are lookin for nut?
    This time next week il be celebrating;)

fatal wrote: »
    Anyway..............................back to bmol!!!
    It seems as though she has put one past exam paper back on blackboard.Is it the other which you are lookin for nut?
    This time next week il be celebrating;)

dude....how long have you not checked bmol on BB...?:Dthat 2006 past paper has alway been there since ages ago...

seraphimvc wrote: »
    dude....how long have you not checked bmol on BB...?:Dthat 2006 past paper has alway been there since ages ago...

thats only one yea?
    I have two...theres possibly a third aswell...
    If i could get my head out of these biochem books I would check out blackboard more often:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

BMOL 20010 is the devil...absolute nightmare...AND the exam is on a saturday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Im still finding it tough Im preparing answers but its just so difficult/badly explained/boring. that its taking ages.........seriously struggling, at least I feel everything else is achievable but this! grr and I dont even think Ill ever use it

actually a while back somebody who had done this module a while back said not to worry about it, wonder what trickery they had up theyre sleeve?:rolleyes: they also said something about bmol tutorials which I got panicked(spelt wrong) about:o

• Advertisement

woop wrote: »
    Im still finding it tough Im preparing answers but its just so difficult/badly explained/boring. that its taking ages.........seriously struggling, at least I feel everything else is achievable but this! grr and I dont even think Ill ever use it

actually a while back somebody who had done this module a while back said not to worry about it, wonder what trickery they had up theyre sleeve?:rolleyes: they also said something about bmol tutorials which I got panicked(spelt wrong) about:o

bmol tutorial?!there is no such thing....hypno frog....no such thing....

seriously tho...:D

bmol tutorial?!there is no such thing....hypno frog....no such thing....

seriously tho...:D

there are online tutorials for it on blackboard...

there are online tutorials for it on blackboard...

u mean that self assessment eh?:Dmight show u something about that assessment tomorrow,funny;)

u mean that self assessment eh?:Dmight show u something about that assessment tomorrow,funny;)

Alright then,Im dying to see it :D
    In the meantime good luck with biology in the morning

Alright then,Im dying to see it :D
    In the meantime good luck with biology in the morning

I take it you guys kno each other?
    Does everyone from 2nd year posting on here know each other?? I kno woop, not sure if kno any1 else.

p-nut wrote: »
    I take it you guys kno each other?
    Does everyone from 2nd year posting on here know each other?? I kno woop, not sure if kno any1 else.

Theres only a few from second year science that post in here.Come to think about it,Vince and I only found out that we were in the same course from browsing boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I don't know most of you, but then again I'm denominated TP - Well known fact that we don't have friends.

Raphael wrote: »
    I don't know most of you, but then again I'm denominated TP - Well known fact that we don't have friends.

Nope,not on here we don't
    What are you denominated in?Im denominated in pharmacology.Basically just have to pass exams in first and second year....I love it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

TP - Theoretical Physics. Go team scraping through!

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote: »
    TP - Theoretical Physics. Go team scraping through!

If i hadnt gotten pharmacology I would have been doing that.O the thought of it:eek:

Advertisement