Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benoit mentioned in WWE.com poll

• 08-12-2007 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

WWE.com posted a poll asking fans to vote for what they thought, out of the 13 to choose, was the best match ever on Raw. Among the choices was the Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle Steel Cage Match.

And, another interesting note, as of this writing, it is the leader with over 10000 votes.

http://gen.wwe.com/rawpolls/greatest15years/index.php

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GSW

Xylophonic wrote: »
    WWE.com posted a poll asking fans to vote for what they thought, out of the 13 to choose, was the best match ever on Raw. Among the choices was the Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle Steel Cage Match.

And, another interesting note, as of this writing, it is the leader with over 10000 votes.

http://gen.wwe.com/rawpolls/greatest15years/index.php

God, fair play on noticing it, you have to scroll down to bottom to see it. And it's getting a majority vote. I'm definetly voting for the match, not just because I thought it was an incredible and memorable match but because I'm eager to see WWE mention his name. What an unusual move on thier part: they'll go so far to remove him from the WWE history books like pretending he never had a place in the four horsemen for example, and yet they're willing to enter him in a public poll. However, I bet that even if that match does get voted the most, they'll still go ahead and acknowledge another match from that poll instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

it will be very hard for wwe to stay away from all aspects of benoits career.I think that they will try and stay away from most of it but there are certain things that they cant stay away from.Benoit was that good that his name will always be popping up in various polls for the best of something or the other with regards to wrestling.If they can mention guys like christian and kurt who arent even with WWE anymore,they should be able to mention benoit

Its still shocking to me that im talking about Benoit in the past:(

fatal wrote: »
    it will be very hard for wwe to stay away from all aspects of benoits career.I think that they will try and stay away from most of it but there are certain things that they cant stay away from.Benoit was that good that his name will always be popping up in various polls for the best of something or the other with regards to wrestling.If they can mention guys like christian and kurt who arent even with WWE anymore,they should be able to mention benoit

Its still shocking to me that im talking about Benoit in the past:(

True, but why would WWE be prepared to put him in polls when they go to the extent of changing the match of "Benoit vs HBK vs HHH for the World Heavyweight title" to "HHH defends the World Heavyweight title". WWE are trying to be consistent in their efforts to iradicate his memory like removing him from their magazines and merchandise. I think it was a mistake, notice how the results aren't sorted in terms of greatest/majority votes or percentage, with the match remaining at the bottom of both the poll option and poll results.

And I agree, it does pain me to refer to him in the past tense but I still find WWE's decision to mention him in any tense very strange indeed. Someones head will be a' rollin' me thinks...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

what do they possibly gain from having a poll with 2 guys who arent even with them anymore-Benoit and Kurt.
    I think that WWEs efforts in this poll are sincere and they are genuinely looking for the best RAW match. Why they are doing it when they have spend alot of time over the last number of months trying to get rid of benoits name everywhere,I dont know..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Is the fight where Benoit done a Moonsault off the top of the cage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Personally, I think Benoit should not have been in the poll at all, particularly in a match with angle. You could put Benoit vs. Bull Buchannon there and it would still win becuase he is in it. It really belittles the poll and in some aspects, the event. The last thing the WWE want is that they'd have to mention Benoit, and in some aspects Angle on a show celebrating 15 years of Raw. The name Benoit still brings up unpleasent memories and I still think it's too soon. I doubt they'll mention it at all on the show.

On a side note, considering that HBK whipped out the Crippler Crossface and this option in the poll, I wouldn't be surprised if they had changed their attitude a little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I noticed that yesterday, I was going to mention it in the Raw thread but I forgot about it
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    I doubt they'll mention it at all on the show.

This poll will not be getting mentioned on the show, I'd be very surprised if they did because you can see the results for yourself if you vote

armour87 wrote: »
    Is the fight where Benoit done a Moonsault off the top of the cage?

Yes, and don't forget Benoit's highspot in that match, the diving headbutt from the top of the cage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQG8JBwUyE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Benoit was a nutter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

armour87 wrote: »
    Benoit was a nutter

Well Duh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Benoit was a sick man clearly before he died. People who examined his brain said it looked like a 85 year old alzheimer patient. So try to put this in consideration before you make statements about the man.

Advertisement