Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live points

• 08-12-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Quick question- would xbox live points bought on ebay from the US work on my xbox? Oh and where would the cheapest place to get a 120 gb hdd? Just getting ready for hd movie downloads.

Thanks Eoin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

On the back of the DVD case of a 2100 points card I bought it says "Points cards purchased outside of Europe may not be redeemed against European accounts" So sorry it probably won't work:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I bought points on ebay from the US and they didnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Quick question- would xbox live points bought on ebay from the US work on my xbox? Oh and where would the cheapest place to get a 120 gb hdd? Just getting ready for hd movie downloads.

Thanks Eoin

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-OFFICIAL-XBOX-360-HARD-DRIVE-120GB-120-GB-CHEAPEST_W0QQitemZ250193752924QQihZ015QQcategoryZ112846QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

E87.16 delivered, ain't bad. Thinking about picking up one myself. The only problem is the Movies available look pretty old appart from 300.

HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE
    HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
    ZODIAC
    MATRIX, THE
    MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, THE
    MATRIX RELOADED, THE
    OCEAN'S ELEVEN
    PERFECT STORM, THE
    SWORDFISH
    THREE KINGS
    TRAINING DAY
    FUGITIVE, THE
    RISKY BUSINESS
    SPACE COWBOYS
    EYES WIDE SHUT
    ANALYZE THIS
    DEMOLITION MAN
    ERASER
    EXECUTIVE DECISION
    LETHAL WEAPON 3
    LETHAL WEAPON 4
    LOONEY TUNES: BACK IN ACTION
    MARS ATTACKS!
    CLASH OF THE TITANS
    SUPERMAN III
    DEAD CALM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Stimpyone wrote: »
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-OFFICIAL-XBOX-360-HARD-DRIVE-120GB-120-GB-CHEAPEST_W0QQitemZ250193752924QQihZ015QQcategoryZ112846QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

E87.16 delivered, ain't bad. Thinking about picking up one myself. The only problem is the Movies available look pretty old appart from 300.

Plus you only get to keep them for 24 hours after you start to watch them, which kind of negates the point of having a bigger hard drive.
    I'm thinking of upgrading to an Elite, but tbh I'd be better off spending a few quid on a bigger hdd for my PS3 instead
    That eaby item also doesn't give any mention of the data transfer cable that's supposed to come with the 120GB hdd, so you might want to contact the seller about that before you buy...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I don't get it? You watch the movie once and it deletes itself after 24 hours?

edit: I just looked at that eBay page - where does it mention any movies?

Also, I was in Pc World the other day - they were selling 750GB harddrives for 160 euro. would it be possible to connect it via usb to the 360 and it'll work like the offical harddrive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

You can only rent some of the movies afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Would buying them on xbox live using the credit card be the best option then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jayteecork wrote: »
    I don't get it? You watch the movie once and it deletes itself after 24 hours?

edit: I just looked at that eBay page - where does it mention any movies?

Also, I was in Pc World the other day - they were selling 750GB harddrives for 160 euro. would it be possible to connect it via usb to the 360 and it'll work like the offical harddrive?

That's just for the new video rental service that they're launching soon. Seems like a big waste of money really, I wouldn't want to waste my bandwidth on something that I can't keep.
    It was kind of off topic, you don't need the 120GB hdd for the movies. I just meant that since you can't keep them anyway there's not much point buying a larger hard drive just for them.

And the external hard drive won't work in the same way as the official one. you won't be able to download anything to it, or save any games on it. (but would still be able to put videos and stuff on it and play them)

Advertisement