Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomtom & Google maps. Help.

• 08-12-2007 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭

I'm using a tomtom V3 and i see you can download google map directions on to your tomtom. When i click i the send link it only give's me the option for e-mail and not GPS? I have my tomtom connected to the PC.

Any ideas :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

The send link gives me 3 options , Email , Car or GPS . Works fine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

sharkman wrote: »
    The send link gives me 3 options , Email , Car or GPS . Works fine .

I figured it out in after a while, thanks sharkman :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭MickH503

Barlow07 wrote: »
    I figured it out in after a while, thanks sharkman :).
    How did you figure it out? The Send link on top right of maps only gives me "Email" option. My TT is connected and TTH is started up ...?:confused:

Did you select the location ? , It only gives you the extra options once this is done .

Video

MickH503 wrote: »
    How did you figure it out? The Send link on top right of maps only gives me "Email" option. My TT is connected and TTH is started up ...?:confused:

You can only search by Business and not the Search Map option. I do think its a bit stupid that you can't search by map, select get directions and send that to your GPS.

Anyone know if there are any programs out there that can allow you to do this? I'm sure after a few months google will change.

• Advertisement

Guys , I dont know what you are doing wrong

But I just type in an address , press "search the map" and hey presto . Then select your location and send to GPS.

Try a search for "harrods london" !

sharkman wrote: »
    Try a search for "harrods london" !

Thanks sharkman, i have it working now. Its being a bumpy weekend between football and boxing :rolleyes:

Advertisement