Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

se asia next summer

• 08-12-2007 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

anyone going to se asia this summer? just wondering how popular it is with the irish students?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I'm going to be be heading there in May, so early Summer. Should be massive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

heading over in may myself, whereabouts are you going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Not sure yet tbh, gonna be going after my finals finish. Some of my friends went last summer so they'll be saying where to go, might his Laos or Vietnam as well for a week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭langerdan79

lads if ye want drinking and birds head down to the islands in thailands but try and see some of the rest of the place or head to laos or vietnam and experience unbelieveable sights and places. head to the cu chi tunnels outside of ho chi minh city and see the vietnam war for real and then after fire an ak-47 or m-16 machine gun. head to siem reap in cambodia and visit angkor wat. go elephant trekking through the jungle in north laos. loads to do other than get locked every night although you can do that too!

lads if ye want drinking and birds head down to the islands in thailands but try and see some of the rest of the place or head to laos or vietnam and experience unbelieveable sights and places. head to the cu chi tunnels outside of ho chi minh city and see the vietnam war for real and then after fire an ak-47 or m-16 machine gun. head to siem reap in cambodia and visit angkor wat. go elephant trekking through the jungle in north laos. loads to do other than get locked every night although you can do that too!

haha i actually did all that last year, il be heading back this year though, probably to indonesia and maybe thailand/laos again!
    there great places but most students seem to go for the j1 instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

hey nothin wrong with a j1 just dont go to dan d :D, yea im goin to thailand next summer mite see u there :)

scruff321 wrote: »
    hey nothin wrong with a j1 just dont go to dan d :D, yea im goin to thailand next summer mite see u there :)

i hope not, you sound like a dope;)
    decide on your j1 yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

cheers! yea pretty sure its a j1 im doin,have to get my act together tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Im thinking of se asia too, anyone know how much it'd cost?

How long would you need to spend there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Done SE Asia for 5 months last year, unbelievable part of the world

Money wise - Thailand is more expensive than the likes of say, Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam but relative to home, its still very cheap

Laos was my favourite and if you fancy getting off the beaten track a little, head down south to the 4000 islands for a few days, a long trip but a great experience staying on the islands with no electricity paying $2 a night for a hut, sweet!!

Chiang Mai in northern thailand, the 2nd biggest city is far better than Bangkok in my opinion so try and get a week or so there, the drinking is great craic as theres lots of great pubs and things to do (whitewater rafting, quad biking, rock climbing, bungee etc...)

Anywyas thats my twopence but if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me

• Advertisement
Advertisement